May 28, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
There will be roughly 1,492 previews for the 2010-11 college hoops season from various media outlets – including a bunch from here – which means they’re be plenty of info you’ll read again and again.
Thus, it’s important to consider the source. If you see something from Si.com’s Andy Glockner, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Take his latest story, non-BCS conference players to watch following NBA exodus. Many of the guys are familiar names (that’s even a category), but Glockner takes that into account and finishes with 15 guys you probably don’t know, but will next year. Call ‘em the Randy Culpeppers of college hoops.
Some (Keith Benson, Kenneth Faried) are future NBA players, while others (Charles Jenkins, Damian Willard) will probably be the players of the year in their respective conferences.
But perhaps the one guy you should know about? That’s San Diego State’s Kawhi Leonard. He’s a rebounding machine and will make the Aztecs one of the dangerous mid-majors next season. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico will grab a lot of the pub from the Mountain West, but don’t sleep on SDSU. Or Leonard.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)