May 28, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
There will be roughly 1,492 previews for the 2010-11 college hoops season from various media outlets – including a bunch from here – which means they’re be plenty of info you’ll read again and again.
Thus, it’s important to consider the source. If you see something from Si.com’s Andy Glockner, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Take his latest story, non-BCS conference players to watch following NBA exodus. Many of the guys are familiar names (that’s even a category), but Glockner takes that into account and finishes with 15 guys you probably don’t know, but will next year. Call ‘em the Randy Culpeppers of college hoops.
Some (Keith Benson, Kenneth Faried) are future NBA players, while others (Charles Jenkins, Damian Willard) will probably be the players of the year in their respective conferences.
But perhaps the one guy you should know about? That’s San Diego State’s Kawhi Leonard. He’s a rebounding machine and will make the Aztecs one of the dangerous mid-majors next season. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico will grab a lot of the pub from the Mountain West, but don’t sleep on SDSU. Or Leonard.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)