May 28, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
There will be roughly 1,492 previews for the 2010-11 college hoops season from various media outlets – including a bunch from here – which means they’re be plenty of info you’ll read again and again.
Thus, it’s important to consider the source. If you see something from Si.com’s Andy Glockner, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Take his latest story, non-BCS conference players to watch following NBA exodus. Many of the guys are familiar names (that’s even a category), but Glockner takes that into account and finishes with 15 guys you probably don’t know, but will next year. Call ‘em the Randy Culpeppers of college hoops.
Some (Keith Benson, Kenneth Faried) are future NBA players, while others (Charles Jenkins, Damian Willard) will probably be the players of the year in their respective conferences.
But perhaps the one guy you should know about? That’s San Diego State’s Kawhi Leonard. He’s a rebounding machine and will make the Aztecs one of the dangerous mid-majors next season. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico will grab a lot of the pub from the Mountain West, but don’t sleep on SDSU. Or Leonard.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)