May 28, 2010, 12:21 AM EST
There will be roughly 1,492 previews for the 2010-11 college hoops season from various media outlets – including a bunch from here – which means they’re be plenty of info you’ll read again and again.
Thus, it’s important to consider the source. If you see something from Si.com’s Andy Glockner, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Take his latest story, non-BCS conference players to watch following NBA exodus. Many of the guys are familiar names (that’s even a category), but Glockner takes that into account and finishes with 15 guys you probably don’t know, but will next year. Call ‘em the Randy Culpeppers of college hoops.
Some (Keith Benson, Kenneth Faried) are future NBA players, while others (Charles Jenkins, Damian Willard) will probably be the players of the year in their respective conferences.
But perhaps the one guy you should know about? That’s San Diego State’s Kawhi Leonard. He’s a rebounding machine and will make the Aztecs one of the dangerous mid-majors next season. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico will grab a lot of the pub from the Mountain West, but don’t sleep on SDSU. Or Leonard.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)