May 28, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
There will be roughly 1,492 previews for the 2010-11 college hoops season from various media outlets – including a bunch from here – which means they’re be plenty of info you’ll read again and again.
Thus, it’s important to consider the source. If you see something from Si.com’s Andy Glockner, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Take his latest story, non-BCS conference players to watch following NBA exodus. Many of the guys are familiar names (that’s even a category), but Glockner takes that into account and finishes with 15 guys you probably don’t know, but will next year. Call ‘em the Randy Culpeppers of college hoops.
Some (Keith Benson, Kenneth Faried) are future NBA players, while others (Charles Jenkins, Damian Willard) will probably be the players of the year in their respective conferences.
But perhaps the one guy you should know about? That’s San Diego State’s Kawhi Leonard. He’s a rebounding machine and will make the Aztecs one of the dangerous mid-majors next season. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico will grab a lot of the pub from the Mountain West, but don’t sleep on SDSU. Or Leonard.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)