Jun 7, 2010, 12:43 PM EDT
More rumors of Tom Izzo to the NBA popped up Sunday. This time, Izzo’s supposedly interested in the Cavaliers job.
Right. File those under the “I believe it when I see it” category.
Izzo has more reasons to stay at Michigan State than to leave. It’s that simple. But even if a new challenge – guiding LeBron James to an NBA title – passed the sniff test, there’s this: He sent a text to Joe Rexrode saying the rumors are “way more (baloney) than substance.”
The substance is that the Cavs are interested in Izzo. Beyond that, consider the rest (baloney).
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)