Jun 14, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
Good news, Cavaliers fans: LeBron James would “100 percent” endorse Cleveland hiring Tom Izzo.
So that’s bad news for Michigan State, right? Not necessarily.
Despite the Cleveland Plain-Dealer report that LeBron likes and respects Izzo, LeBron says he doesn’t want to be heavily involved in the selection of his next coach (cue skeptical groan) and didn’t have much else to say about Izzo.
Translation: “Hire Izzo if you like him, Cleveland. I’m still going to do what’s best for me.”
As for Izzo, he began his Michigan State basketball camp Monday, which runs all week. So there’s the good news for MSU. The longer he mulls the Cavs job – he can’t leave in the middle of camp, right? – the better it is for him staying in East Lansing.
Bad news for the rest of us? No closure for another five days…
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit