Jun 17, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
I thought the conference realignment chatter would calm down once the Pac-10 and Big 12 settled their futures. Silly me.
Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Central Florida and Memphis could be invited to join the Big East conference as early as next week.
The good news? This rumor was denied fairly quickly.
Memphis athletic director R.J. Johnson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the school “has not been contacted about any conference realignment.” Adding to that was Big East commissioner John Marinatto telling FanHouse that the report wasn’t true.
Then again, this can’t possibly be the last realignment rumor of the summer. Or the year. Or the decade. Best get used to it.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)