Jun 17, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
I thought the conference realignment chatter would calm down once the Pac-10 and Big 12 settled their futures. Silly me.
Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Central Florida and Memphis could be invited to join the Big East conference as early as next week.
The good news? This rumor was denied fairly quickly.
Memphis athletic director R.J. Johnson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the school “has not been contacted about any conference realignment.” Adding to that was Big East commissioner John Marinatto telling FanHouse that the report wasn’t true.
Then again, this can’t possibly be the last realignment rumor of the summer. Or the year. Or the decade. Best get used to it.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)