Jun 17, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
I thought the conference realignment chatter would calm down once the Pac-10 and Big 12 settled their futures. Silly me.
Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Central Florida and Memphis could be invited to join the Big East conference as early as next week.
The good news? This rumor was denied fairly quickly.
Memphis athletic director R.J. Johnson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the school “has not been contacted about any conference realignment.” Adding to that was Big East commissioner John Marinatto telling FanHouse that the report wasn’t true.
Then again, this can’t possibly be the last realignment rumor of the summer. Or the year. Or the decade. Best get used to it.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 1
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)