Jun 17, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
I thought the conference realignment chatter would calm down once the Pac-10 and Big 12 settled their futures. Silly me.
Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Central Florida and Memphis could be invited to join the Big East conference as early as next week.
The good news? This rumor was denied fairly quickly.
Memphis athletic director R.J. Johnson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the school “has not been contacted about any conference realignment.” Adding to that was Big East commissioner John Marinatto telling FanHouse that the report wasn’t true.
Then again, this can’t possibly be the last realignment rumor of the summer. Or the year. Or the decade. Best get used to it.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)