Jun 17, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
I thought the conference realignment chatter would calm down once the Pac-10 and Big 12 settled their futures. Silly me.
Orlando TV station WKMG reported that Central Florida and Memphis could be invited to join the Big East conference as early as next week.
The good news? This rumor was denied fairly quickly.
Memphis athletic director R.J. Johnson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the school “has not been contacted about any conference realignment.” Adding to that was Big East commissioner John Marinatto telling FanHouse that the report wasn’t true.
Then again, this can’t possibly be the last realignment rumor of the summer. Or the year. Or the decade. Best get used to it.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)