Jul 10, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
One might think that after Oregon’s contractual mess with ex-athletic director Mike Bellotti, the school would finalize all its big deals as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me.
New men’s basketball coach Dana Altman, months after coming to Eugene, still hasn’t completed his seven-year deal worth $1.8 million annually, according to the Oregonian.
Interim A.D. Lorraine Davis isn’t worried.
“As far as I understand and know, we’re very close,” Davis said. “Certainly you wish these things would be done in a week, but.. I’m not concerned.”
An employment-law specialist hired by Oregonian agreed, saying the school wasn’t at “huge risk” for getting burned as it did by Bellotti.
Apparently a small risk is acceptable.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)