Jul 10, 2010, 7:57 PM EST
One might think that after Oregon’s contractual mess with ex-athletic director Mike Bellotti, the school would finalize all its big deals as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me.
New men’s basketball coach Dana Altman, months after coming to Eugene, still hasn’t completed his seven-year deal worth $1.8 million annually, according to the Oregonian.
Interim A.D. Lorraine Davis isn’t worried.
“As far as I understand and know, we’re very close,” Davis said. “Certainly you wish these things would be done in a week, but.. I’m not concerned.”
An employment-law specialist hired by Oregonian agreed, saying the school wasn’t at “huge risk” for getting burned as it did by Bellotti.
Apparently a small risk is acceptable.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)