Jul 10, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
One might think that after Oregon’s contractual mess with ex-athletic director Mike Bellotti, the school would finalize all its big deals as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me.
New men’s basketball coach Dana Altman, months after coming to Eugene, still hasn’t completed his seven-year deal worth $1.8 million annually, according to the Oregonian.
Interim A.D. Lorraine Davis isn’t worried.
“As far as I understand and know, we’re very close,” Davis said. “Certainly you wish these things would be done in a week, but.. I’m not concerned.”
An employment-law specialist hired by Oregonian agreed, saying the school wasn’t at “huge risk” for getting burned as it did by Bellotti.
Apparently a small risk is acceptable.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)