Jul 10, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
One might think that after Oregon’s contractual mess with ex-athletic director Mike Bellotti, the school would finalize all its big deals as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me.
New men’s basketball coach Dana Altman, months after coming to Eugene, still hasn’t completed his seven-year deal worth $1.8 million annually, according to the Oregonian.
Interim A.D. Lorraine Davis isn’t worried.
“As far as I understand and know, we’re very close,” Davis said. “Certainly you wish these things would be done in a week, but.. I’m not concerned.”
An employment-law specialist hired by Oregonian agreed, saying the school wasn’t at “huge risk” for getting burned as it did by Bellotti.
Apparently a small risk is acceptable.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)