Jul 10, 2010, 7:57 PM EST
One might think that after Oregon’s contractual mess with ex-athletic director Mike Bellotti, the school would finalize all its big deals as soon as possible. Or maybe that’s just me.
New men’s basketball coach Dana Altman, months after coming to Eugene, still hasn’t completed his seven-year deal worth $1.8 million annually, according to the Oregonian.
Interim A.D. Lorraine Davis isn’t worried.
“As far as I understand and know, we’re very close,” Davis said. “Certainly you wish these things would be done in a week, but.. I’m not concerned.”
An employment-law specialist hired by Oregonian agreed, saying the school wasn’t at “huge risk” for getting burned as it did by Bellotti.
Apparently a small risk is acceptable.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)