Jul 13, 2010, 3:47 AM EST
Tracy Dildy, a longtime Chicago coach and recruiter, got the nod on Monday. He’s played at King High and Illinois-Chicago. He’s been an assistant at DePaul and UIC (along with out-of-town gigs at UAB, Ball State and Ole Miss), which must’ve finally put him over the top for the school.
It’ll be his first head coaching job. He had been an associate head coach at UIC under Jimmy Collins.
“Tracy is certainly prepared to be a head coach,” Collins said in a statement. “He is an excellent coach who helped us a great deal the past three years. I had the opportunity to observe Tracy and see that he was not only a good recruiter, but a good all-around coach. We wish him the best in his new and well-deserved endeavor as a head coach.”
Might want to wish Chicago State luck as well. When you take this much time on a coaching search, one hopes it lasts.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)