Jul 13, 2010, 3:47 AM EDT
Tracy Dildy, a longtime Chicago coach and recruiter, got the nod on Monday. He’s played at King High and Illinois-Chicago. He’s been an assistant at DePaul and UIC (along with out-of-town gigs at UAB, Ball State and Ole Miss), which must’ve finally put him over the top for the school.
It’ll be his first head coaching job. He had been an associate head coach at UIC under Jimmy Collins.
“Tracy is certainly prepared to be a head coach,” Collins said in a statement. “He is an excellent coach who helped us a great deal the past three years. I had the opportunity to observe Tracy and see that he was not only a good recruiter, but a good all-around coach. We wish him the best in his new and well-deserved endeavor as a head coach.”
Might want to wish Chicago State luck as well. When you take this much time on a coaching search, one hopes it lasts.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)