Jul 13, 2010, 3:47 AM EDT
Tracy Dildy, a longtime Chicago coach and recruiter, got the nod on Monday. He’s played at King High and Illinois-Chicago. He’s been an assistant at DePaul and UIC (along with out-of-town gigs at UAB, Ball State and Ole Miss), which must’ve finally put him over the top for the school.
It’ll be his first head coaching job. He had been an associate head coach at UIC under Jimmy Collins.
“Tracy is certainly prepared to be a head coach,” Collins said in a statement. “He is an excellent coach who helped us a great deal the past three years. I had the opportunity to observe Tracy and see that he was not only a good recruiter, but a good all-around coach. We wish him the best in his new and well-deserved endeavor as a head coach.”
Might want to wish Chicago State luck as well. When you take this much time on a coaching search, one hopes it lasts.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)