Jul 13, 2010, 3:47 AM EST
Tracy Dildy, a longtime Chicago coach and recruiter, got the nod on Monday. He’s played at King High and Illinois-Chicago. He’s been an assistant at DePaul and UIC (along with out-of-town gigs at UAB, Ball State and Ole Miss), which must’ve finally put him over the top for the school.
It’ll be his first head coaching job. He had been an associate head coach at UIC under Jimmy Collins.
“Tracy is certainly prepared to be a head coach,” Collins said in a statement. “He is an excellent coach who helped us a great deal the past three years. I had the opportunity to observe Tracy and see that he was not only a good recruiter, but a good all-around coach. We wish him the best in his new and well-deserved endeavor as a head coach.”
Might want to wish Chicago State luck as well. When you take this much time on a coaching search, one hopes it lasts.
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)