Jul 14, 2010, 1:12 AM EDT
Royce White never played basketball for Minnesota last season due to legal troubles. So he did what any NBA hopeful would do.
Actually, that’s fairly impressive. Sure, maybe White could’ve worked on his post game or mid-range jumper, but I can’t fault a guy who insists on stretching himself off the court.
Besides, it’s not like he gave up on hoops. White did commit to Iowa State on Monday. And it sounds like new Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg is mighty impressed with the 6-8 forward who was the 2009 Mr. Basketball in Minnesota.
White’s legal issues – charges of shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing in connection with the theft of a laptop from a Minnesota dorm room – didn’t overly concern Hoiberg.
“The big thing is he’s taken full accountability for everything that’s happened to him over this past year,” Hoiberg told the Ames Tribune.
If not, perhaps White will simply start on his musical career.
(H/T: Diamond Leung)
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)