Jul 14, 2010, 1:12 AM EDT
Royce White never played basketball for Minnesota last season due to legal troubles. So he did what any NBA hopeful would do.
Actually, that’s fairly impressive. Sure, maybe White could’ve worked on his post game or mid-range jumper, but I can’t fault a guy who insists on stretching himself off the court.
Besides, it’s not like he gave up on hoops. White did commit to Iowa State on Monday. And it sounds like new Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg is mighty impressed with the 6-8 forward who was the 2009 Mr. Basketball in Minnesota.
White’s legal issues – charges of shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing in connection with the theft of a laptop from a Minnesota dorm room – didn’t overly concern Hoiberg.
“The big thing is he’s taken full accountability for everything that’s happened to him over this past year,” Hoiberg told the Ames Tribune.
If not, perhaps White will simply start on his musical career.
(H/T: Diamond Leung)
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)