Jul 14, 2010, 1:12 AM EDT
Royce White never played basketball for Minnesota last season due to legal troubles. So he did what any NBA hopeful would do.
Actually, that’s fairly impressive. Sure, maybe White could’ve worked on his post game or mid-range jumper, but I can’t fault a guy who insists on stretching himself off the court.
Besides, it’s not like he gave up on hoops. White did commit to Iowa State on Monday. And it sounds like new Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg is mighty impressed with the 6-8 forward who was the 2009 Mr. Basketball in Minnesota.
White’s legal issues – charges of shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing in connection with the theft of a laptop from a Minnesota dorm room – didn’t overly concern Hoiberg.
“The big thing is he’s taken full accountability for everything that’s happened to him over this past year,” Hoiberg told the Ames Tribune.
If not, perhaps White will simply start on his musical career.
(H/T: Diamond Leung)
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0