Jul 14, 2010, 1:12 AM EDT
Royce White never played basketball for Minnesota last season due to legal troubles. So he did what any NBA hopeful would do.
Actually, that’s fairly impressive. Sure, maybe White could’ve worked on his post game or mid-range jumper, but I can’t fault a guy who insists on stretching himself off the court.
Besides, it’s not like he gave up on hoops. White did commit to Iowa State on Monday. And it sounds like new Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg is mighty impressed with the 6-8 forward who was the 2009 Mr. Basketball in Minnesota.
White’s legal issues – charges of shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing in connection with the theft of a laptop from a Minnesota dorm room – didn’t overly concern Hoiberg.
“The big thing is he’s taken full accountability for everything that’s happened to him over this past year,” Hoiberg told the Ames Tribune.
If not, perhaps White will simply start on his musical career.
(H/T: Diamond Leung)
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 1
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)