Jul 14, 2010, 1:12 AM EDT
Royce White never played basketball for Minnesota last season due to legal troubles. So he did what any NBA hopeful would do.
Actually, that’s fairly impressive. Sure, maybe White could’ve worked on his post game or mid-range jumper, but I can’t fault a guy who insists on stretching himself off the court.
Besides, it’s not like he gave up on hoops. White did commit to Iowa State on Monday. And it sounds like new Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg is mighty impressed with the 6-8 forward who was the 2009 Mr. Basketball in Minnesota.
White’s legal issues – charges of shoplifting and three counts of misdemeanor trespassing in connection with the theft of a laptop from a Minnesota dorm room – didn’t overly concern Hoiberg.
“The big thing is he’s taken full accountability for everything that’s happened to him over this past year,” Hoiberg told the Ames Tribune.
If not, perhaps White will simply start on his musical career.
(H/T: Diamond Leung)
Mike Miller’s also on Twitter, usually talkin’ hoops. Click here for more.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)