Jul 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
Fear the Beard? Not Michael Beasley.
The former Kansas State star is always up for a prank. So on a recent trip to Manhattan, Kan., he paid tribute to current Wildcats guard Jacob Pullen – and his glorious facial hair. From the Topeka Capital-Journal:
Beasley, whose best gags always seem to involve Sharpies, grew envious after hearing about former teammate Jacob Pullen’s famous facial hair. So before he left, Beasley scribbled a black beard everywhere his image appeared in Kansas State’s basketball offices.
Sounds to me like Beasley hit upon the perfect player of the year campaign for Pullen. Sharpie beards everywhere!
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)