Aug 3, 2010, 12:28 PM EST
The guys from Dude Perfect have some competition. And honestly, the competition features a more intuitive name for making trick shots.
Legendary Shots, an Alabama-based group who sets up basketball hoops in various locations, pulled off what may be the longest shot ever made, even longer than when Dude Perfect sunk it from the third deck of Texas A&M’s football stadium.
Birmingham’s Vulcan Monument has a 124-foot pedestal that overlooks the city and has a park below. So the Legendary Shots guys set up a hoop about 150 feet from the monument’s base.
After nearly two hours, 17-year-old Evan Sellers finally nailed the shot. It was under a bit of pressure, too.
As recounted by The Dagger’s Jeff Eisenberg, the group only had permission to shoot from the tower for two hours. Sellers made it with 10 minutes to spare.
Was it longer than the Dude Perfect shot? It’s up for debate. All I know is that both groups do this for fun, not for profit. So why not set up a trick-shot game of H-O-R-S-E? Travel to various locations, get some sponsors and TV stations involved and make the thing one big party.
I wouldn’t be the only one watching.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)