Aug 3, 2010, 12:28 PM EDT
The guys from Dude Perfect have some competition. And honestly, the competition features a more intuitive name for making trick shots.
Legendary Shots, an Alabama-based group who sets up basketball hoops in various locations, pulled off what may be the longest shot ever made, even longer than when Dude Perfect sunk it from the third deck of Texas A&M’s football stadium.
Birmingham’s Vulcan Monument has a 124-foot pedestal that overlooks the city and has a park below. So the Legendary Shots guys set up a hoop about 150 feet from the monument’s base.
After nearly two hours, 17-year-old Evan Sellers finally nailed the shot. It was under a bit of pressure, too.
As recounted by The Dagger’s Jeff Eisenberg, the group only had permission to shoot from the tower for two hours. Sellers made it with 10 minutes to spare.
Was it longer than the Dude Perfect shot? It’s up for debate. All I know is that both groups do this for fun, not for profit. So why not set up a trick-shot game of H-O-R-S-E? Travel to various locations, get some sponsors and TV stations involved and make the thing one big party.
I wouldn’t be the only one watching.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)