Aug 9, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
If Jay Wright’s looking for someone to step into Scottie Reynolds’ role as Villanova’s go-to scorer, I think Corey Fisher can handle it.
He scored 105 points in a Watson Gleason summer league game during the weekend.
No video’s surfaced yet, but Dime, Bounce and NBADraft.net all confirmed the ridiculous score, which included 72 points in the second half and hitting 23 of 28 three-point shots. As The Hoop Doctors write, it wasn’t like the opposition just let him do it, either.
He scored 105 of his squad’s 138 points in the event, further insinuating that nary any defense was on display in the tiny Watson Gleason playground, which is nestled deep in the heart of the Bronx, near the intersection of the Bruckner(Expressway) and Bronx River Parkway. Contrary to how it appears, many fans reported that the opposing team started to take it personal and even attempted to to double and triple team “Fish” in the 2nd half to no avail, as he continued his onslaught towards the 100 point plateau.
Fisher, who’ll be a senior this season, has seen his scoring average go from 9.1 ppg as a freshman to 13.3 ppg last season, with improved shooting accuracy as well. Safe to say, he’s primed for a big season.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte