Aug 29, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
Another week, another five-star 2011 recruit for John Calipari. No one’s surprised, right?
Oregon power forward Kyle Wiltjer (rated 25th overall by Rivals and 19th by Scout) became the latest star prospect to commit to Kentucky, joining Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, all of whom are consensus Top 10 players.
That potentially gives the Wildcats a starting lineup along these lines, according to Jeff Goodman (who doubts 2010 freshmen Enes Kanter or Brandon Knight will stick around for their sophomore seasons):
SF – Darius Miller/Gilchrist
BF – Terrence Jones/Wiltjer/Eloy Vargas
C – A. Davis
PG – Teague/Doron Lamb
SG – DeAndre Liggins/Jon Hood/Stacey Poole
Not bad. But can they cut down the nets? That’s the real question.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)