Aug 29, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
Another week, another five-star 2011 recruit for John Calipari. No one’s surprised, right?
Oregon power forward Kyle Wiltjer (rated 25th overall by Rivals and 19th by Scout) became the latest star prospect to commit to Kentucky, joining Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, all of whom are consensus Top 10 players.
That potentially gives the Wildcats a starting lineup along these lines, according to Jeff Goodman (who doubts 2010 freshmen Enes Kanter or Brandon Knight will stick around for their sophomore seasons):
SF – Darius Miller/Gilchrist
BF – Terrence Jones/Wiltjer/Eloy Vargas
C – A. Davis
PG – Teague/Doron Lamb
SG – DeAndre Liggins/Jon Hood/Stacey Poole
Not bad. But can they cut down the nets? That’s the real question.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)