Aug 29, 2010, 12:03 AM EST
Another week, another five-star 2011 recruit for John Calipari. No one’s surprised, right?
Oregon power forward Kyle Wiltjer (rated 25th overall by Rivals and 19th by Scout) became the latest star prospect to commit to Kentucky, joining Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, all of whom are consensus Top 10 players.
That potentially gives the Wildcats a starting lineup along these lines, according to Jeff Goodman (who doubts 2010 freshmen Enes Kanter or Brandon Knight will stick around for their sophomore seasons):
SF – Darius Miller/Gilchrist
BF – Terrence Jones/Wiltjer/Eloy Vargas
C – A. Davis
PG – Teague/Doron Lamb
SG – DeAndre Liggins/Jon Hood/Stacey Poole
Not bad. But can they cut down the nets? That’s the real question.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)