Aug 29, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
Another week, another five-star 2011 recruit for John Calipari. No one’s surprised, right?
Oregon power forward Kyle Wiltjer (rated 25th overall by Rivals and 19th by Scout) became the latest star prospect to commit to Kentucky, joining Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, all of whom are consensus Top 10 players.
That potentially gives the Wildcats a starting lineup along these lines, according to Jeff Goodman (who doubts 2010 freshmen Enes Kanter or Brandon Knight will stick around for their sophomore seasons):
SF – Darius Miller/Gilchrist
BF – Terrence Jones/Wiltjer/Eloy Vargas
C – A. Davis
PG – Teague/Doron Lamb
SG – DeAndre Liggins/Jon Hood/Stacey Poole
Not bad. But can they cut down the nets? That’s the real question.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 1
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)