Aug 29, 2010, 12:03 AM EDT
Another week, another five-star 2011 recruit for John Calipari. No one’s surprised, right?
Oregon power forward Kyle Wiltjer (rated 25th overall by Rivals and 19th by Scout) became the latest star prospect to commit to Kentucky, joining Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, all of whom are consensus Top 10 players.
That potentially gives the Wildcats a starting lineup along these lines, according to Jeff Goodman (who doubts 2010 freshmen Enes Kanter or Brandon Knight will stick around for their sophomore seasons):
SF – Darius Miller/Gilchrist
BF – Terrence Jones/Wiltjer/Eloy Vargas
C – A. Davis
PG – Teague/Doron Lamb
SG – DeAndre Liggins/Jon Hood/Stacey Poole
Not bad. But can they cut down the nets? That’s the real question.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)