Aug 31, 2010, 11:13 PM EST
Anyone watching a game at Matt Court – the multimillion dollar Oregon basketball upgrade to Mac Court – shouldn’t worry about missing the action. A three-story tall high-definition screen will do that.
That’s right, three stories. It’s also 36 feet wide and weighs more than 22 tons. According to Jon Hunt from the Oregonian, the screen’s one big collection of clear viewing.
But the truly impressive thing about this scoreboard, we’re told, is that the screens are high-definition, high as in you can see the beads of sweat on the face high-definition. They are 6mm video screens, which means the LED lights (almost 2 million of them) will be six millimeters apart. The screens in the $480 million Amway Arena in Orlando are believed to be the only bigger and sharper ones in use.
If you miss a play, well, you’re not watching.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)