Aug 31, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
Anyone watching a game at Matt Court – the multimillion dollar Oregon basketball upgrade to Mac Court – shouldn’t worry about missing the action. A three-story tall high-definition screen will do that.
That’s right, three stories. It’s also 36 feet wide and weighs more than 22 tons. According to Jon Hunt from the Oregonian, the screen’s one big collection of clear viewing.
But the truly impressive thing about this scoreboard, we’re told, is that the screens are high-definition, high as in you can see the beads of sweat on the face high-definition. They are 6mm video screens, which means the LED lights (almost 2 million of them) will be six millimeters apart. The screens in the $480 million Amway Arena in Orlando are believed to be the only bigger and sharper ones in use.
If you miss a play, well, you’re not watching.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)