Aug 31, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
Anyone watching a game at Matt Court – the multimillion dollar Oregon basketball upgrade to Mac Court – shouldn’t worry about missing the action. A three-story tall high-definition screen will do that.
That’s right, three stories. It’s also 36 feet wide and weighs more than 22 tons. According to Jon Hunt from the Oregonian, the screen’s one big collection of clear viewing.
But the truly impressive thing about this scoreboard, we’re told, is that the screens are high-definition, high as in you can see the beads of sweat on the face high-definition. They are 6mm video screens, which means the LED lights (almost 2 million of them) will be six millimeters apart. The screens in the $480 million Amway Arena in Orlando are believed to be the only bigger and sharper ones in use.
If you miss a play, well, you’re not watching.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)