Aug 31, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
Anyone watching a game at Matt Court – the multimillion dollar Oregon basketball upgrade to Mac Court – shouldn’t worry about missing the action. A three-story tall high-definition screen will do that.
That’s right, three stories. It’s also 36 feet wide and weighs more than 22 tons. According to Jon Hunt from the Oregonian, the screen’s one big collection of clear viewing.
But the truly impressive thing about this scoreboard, we’re told, is that the screens are high-definition, high as in you can see the beads of sweat on the face high-definition. They are 6mm video screens, which means the LED lights (almost 2 million of them) will be six millimeters apart. The screens in the $480 million Amway Arena in Orlando are believed to be the only bigger and sharper ones in use.
If you miss a play, well, you’re not watching.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)