Aug 31, 2010, 11:13 PM EST
Anyone watching a game at Matt Court – the multimillion dollar Oregon basketball upgrade to Mac Court – shouldn’t worry about missing the action. A three-story tall high-definition screen will do that.
That’s right, three stories. It’s also 36 feet wide and weighs more than 22 tons. According to Jon Hunt from the Oregonian, the screen’s one big collection of clear viewing.
But the truly impressive thing about this scoreboard, we’re told, is that the screens are high-definition, high as in you can see the beads of sweat on the face high-definition. They are 6mm video screens, which means the LED lights (almost 2 million of them) will be six millimeters apart. The screens in the $480 million Amway Arena in Orlando are believed to be the only bigger and sharper ones in use.
If you miss a play, well, you’re not watching.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)