Sep 13, 2010, 11:51 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl’s had better weeks. But his recruits are sticking with him.
Guards Kevin Ware and Chris Jones told the Knoxville News-Sentinel they haven’t even considered changing their minds. Despite Pearl’s NCAA woes, the Top 50 recruits like him and the Volunteer program.
“I’m still with Tennessee, and it doesn’t affect me in any way,” Jones said.”My relationship with the coaching staff is strong.”
In fact, Friday’s news wasn’t even enough to keep one of 2011′s prize recruits off campus.
Forward Adonis Thomas – the No. 15 overall recruit – took his official visit to Tennessee during the weekend. It’s a good thing Pearl made such an impression with these recruits given he and his staff will be dealing with recruiting limitations during the next year as part of the school’s self-imposed penalties.
But again, Ware and Jones don’t seem to mind.
“I know Tennessee is the best fit for me, and hopefully it will be a good fit for him,” said the 6-3 Ware.”As for what happened with Coach Pearl, I appreciate it that he came out and was honest about the whole thing. He did the right thing in my eyes, and I’m proud to be a Vol.”
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona