Oct 23, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Two things marked Kenny Boynton’s summer.
Florida’s sophomore guard worked diligently to improve his jump shot, adjusting his release and his footwork in an effort. That’s hours and hours and weeks and weeks of work. As a result, expect an improvement in his 29.4 percentage from beyond the arc.
But it sounds like that was painless compared to what else he did this summer. From Gatorsports.com:
Q: Did you get any new tattoos over the summer?
A: Yeah, I got a few. I got wings on my back and I got the entire John 3:16 bible verse on my chest and stomach. It’s the verse that says “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son …”
Q: What hurt the worst on that front one, because it takes up pretty much your entire chest, ribs and stomach?
A: There’s nothing like the stomach. That hurt pretty bad. The ribs hurt too, but nothing like the stomach.
Q: How long did it take?
A: The stomach took about 45 minutes and the chest and ribs took about 45 minutes each. I didn’t do them all at once. I did one on one day, then came back about three days later and finished it all.
It’s a shame Boynton’s jersey will cover up his new ink. Now we’ll only get to see one thing he worked on all summer.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games