Nov 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
On Friday night, Kentucky played Dillard University in a scrimmage at
Rupp Arena. Dillard is coached by a former Wildcat named Dale Brown
who, it appears, has style that this blogger will never be able to
are three suits that I’ve seen that I say, I don’t know if I want to
say gag me. But there’s a white suit I saw. There was a gold suit that
I saw, I don’t know if it was yellow or gold, where the pants were too
long. The guy at West Virginia wore it. Then that suit right there.
Those three right there.”
I wonder if Coach Cal was talking about this white suit, worn by none other than
Colonel Sanders Rick Pitino. And the guy at West Virginia with the gold suit with the pants that were too long? Clearly, C3PO Bobby Huggins.
before anyone gets into a tizzy about these comments, keep in mind that
Calipari and Huggins have a pretty good relationship. And by pretty
good, I mean that Cal traveled all the way to Pittsburgh from Memphis to be with Huggins after he had a heart attack back in 2002.
And while Cal and Pitino may be rivals today, keep in mind that those have a relationship that outdates their status in the Commonwealth.
So let’s take it for what it is, shall we? Coach Cal called out three guys that wore ridiculous suits.
I don’t blame him one bit.
(h/t my man Diamond Leung)
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games