Nov 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Although this time, its not quite as drastic.
The WAC has announced that it will add three teams
to offset the loss of Boise State, Fresno State, and Nevada beginning
in 2012-12 — Denver University, Texas-San Antonio, and Texas State.
plays football at the FCS level, meaning that their football program
will not be joining the WAC. This means that the conference has nine
basketball teams and eight football teams, a reason that many expect
Montana to join the WAC as well. The Grizzlies, who currently have a
powerhouse FCS level football program, would have to move up to the FBS.
this is a big step down for the WAC as an athletics conference. Boise
State, obviously, is a terrific football program, while Nevada, and to
a lesser degree these days Fresno State, is a nationally recognized
Denver, UTSA, and TSU?
They won’t exactly be raising the conference RPI.
Looks like Utah State head coach Stew Morrill is going to have to schedule more power conference road games.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Nate Robinson, other Washington greats to play in alumni game June 23 (3)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1