Nov 11, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The college basketball early signing period was relatively unexciting.
after Cody Zeller makes his decision this afternoon, there will be no
more top 25 players in the country left uncommitted. Recruiting news,
it seems, will be relatively quiet during the upcoming season.
But that doesn’t make this piece of news any less epic.
John’s, who has been cleaning up on the recruiting trail this summer,
got signed letters of intent from four of their recruits — Nurideen
Lindsay, JaKarr Sampson, Moe Harkless, and D’Angelo Harrison. Their
fifth should come today from Sir’Dominic Pointer.
And yes, you read that correctly.
Dominic Pointer, who was previously known as Dominique Pointer, has legally changed his name to Sir’Dominic Pointer. I’ll let that sink in for a moment.
I know, right?
Personally, I think the decision is so awesome, although SirValiant Brown still reigns supreme in the names-that-also-imply-rank category.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires