Nov 13, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It was a rough night for Wake Forest..
They lost to Stetson,
89-79, in a game that the Hatters controlled for much of the second
half. They were up by as much as 19 at one point. In the history of
Wake Forest basketball, Jeff Bzdelik became just the second coach to
lose his opener. The game was in Winston-Salem. ACC teams losing at
home to Atlantic Sun schools is not a good thing.
Can it get worse?
about if your starting point guard, and arguably the only true point
guard on your roster, breaks his foot and will spend the next two
months on the mend. Does that make it worse?
“First of all let
me say that Tony Chennault broke his foot and he’ll be out eight-to-ten
weeks,” Bzdelik said to open his press conference last night.
good news is this — Wake Forest is still young. Very young. The
returners, the guys that are supposed to be the leaders for this
talented freshmen class, are sophomore or juniors are playing their
first minutes as go-to players on this level. Some are playing their
first real minutes at this level.
JT Terrell had 26 points last
night. Ari Stewart went for 15 points and 10 boards. Ty Walker had
seven blocks. There is room for this team to grow.
however, is whether they will reach a level where they can be
competitive in the ACC this season, or if Wake fans should be looking
forward to next season.
But let’s give credit where credit is due — Stetson won this game outright. As Blogger So Dear put it, Hatters gonna Hat.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)