Nov 13, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It was a rough night for Wake Forest..
They lost to Stetson,
89-79, in a game that the Hatters controlled for much of the second
half. They were up by as much as 19 at one point. In the history of
Wake Forest basketball, Jeff Bzdelik became just the second coach to
lose his opener. The game was in Winston-Salem. ACC teams losing at
home to Atlantic Sun schools is not a good thing.
Can it get worse?
about if your starting point guard, and arguably the only true point
guard on your roster, breaks his foot and will spend the next two
months on the mend. Does that make it worse?
“First of all let
me say that Tony Chennault broke his foot and he’ll be out eight-to-ten
weeks,” Bzdelik said to open his press conference last night.
good news is this — Wake Forest is still young. Very young. The
returners, the guys that are supposed to be the leaders for this
talented freshmen class, are sophomore or juniors are playing their
first minutes as go-to players on this level. Some are playing their
first real minutes at this level.
JT Terrell had 26 points last
night. Ari Stewart went for 15 points and 10 boards. Ty Walker had
seven blocks. There is room for this team to grow.
however, is whether they will reach a level where they can be
competitive in the ACC this season, or if Wake fans should be looking
forward to next season.
But let’s give credit where credit is due — Stetson won this game outright. As Blogger So Dear put it, Hatters gonna Hat.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)