Nov 13, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
It was a rough night for Wake Forest..
They lost to Stetson,
89-79, in a game that the Hatters controlled for much of the second
half. They were up by as much as 19 at one point. In the history of
Wake Forest basketball, Jeff Bzdelik became just the second coach to
lose his opener. The game was in Winston-Salem. ACC teams losing at
home to Atlantic Sun schools is not a good thing.
Can it get worse?
about if your starting point guard, and arguably the only true point
guard on your roster, breaks his foot and will spend the next two
months on the mend. Does that make it worse?
“First of all let
me say that Tony Chennault broke his foot and he’ll be out eight-to-ten
weeks,” Bzdelik said to open his press conference last night.
good news is this — Wake Forest is still young. Very young. The
returners, the guys that are supposed to be the leaders for this
talented freshmen class, are sophomore or juniors are playing their
first minutes as go-to players on this level. Some are playing their
first real minutes at this level.
JT Terrell had 26 points last
night. Ari Stewart went for 15 points and 10 boards. Ty Walker had
seven blocks. There is room for this team to grow.
however, is whether they will reach a level where they can be
competitive in the ACC this season, or if Wake fans should be looking
forward to next season.
But let’s give credit where credit is due — Stetson won this game outright. As Blogger So Dear put it, Hatters gonna Hat.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)