Nov 13, 2010, 11:17 AM EST
It was a rough night for Wake Forest..
They lost to Stetson,
89-79, in a game that the Hatters controlled for much of the second
half. They were up by as much as 19 at one point. In the history of
Wake Forest basketball, Jeff Bzdelik became just the second coach to
lose his opener. The game was in Winston-Salem. ACC teams losing at
home to Atlantic Sun schools is not a good thing.
Can it get worse?
about if your starting point guard, and arguably the only true point
guard on your roster, breaks his foot and will spend the next two
months on the mend. Does that make it worse?
“First of all let
me say that Tony Chennault broke his foot and he’ll be out eight-to-ten
weeks,” Bzdelik said to open his press conference last night.
good news is this — Wake Forest is still young. Very young. The
returners, the guys that are supposed to be the leaders for this
talented freshmen class, are sophomore or juniors are playing their
first minutes as go-to players on this level. Some are playing their
first real minutes at this level.
JT Terrell had 26 points last
night. Ari Stewart went for 15 points and 10 boards. Ty Walker had
seven blocks. There is room for this team to grow.
however, is whether they will reach a level where they can be
competitive in the ACC this season, or if Wake fans should be looking
forward to next season.
But let’s give credit where credit is due — Stetson won this game outright. As Blogger So Dear put it, Hatters gonna Hat.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)