Dec 24, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
A rundown of Renardo Sidney’s college hoops career:
- Sat out entire freshman season at Mississippi State while awaiting NCAA clearance.
- Eventually deemed to have received impermissible benefits, must sit first nine games of 2010-11 season.
- Plays one game, scores 12 points, grab 3 rebounds in an 88-57 loss to Virginia Tech.
- Suspended one game for “conduct detrimental to the team.”
- Returns against San Diego, scores 19 points in 69-52 win.
- Fights teammate Elgin Bailey in stands after the game.
Bulldogs coach Rick Stansbury isn’t commenting on the fight until he “finds out all the facts,” but here’s a guess as to what’s coming.
After this, what’s left for Sidney? His teammates took to Twitter to apologize on his behalf, which may help him stay on the team, but who knows for how long? At this point, the only thing at which he excels is getting suspended.
At least he’s good at something.
UPDATE: The school has suspended Sidney and Bailey indefinitely. They won’t play Saturday or Wednesday against St. Mary’s, according to a release from the school. After that, Stansbury will re-assess the situation.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead