Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
Devoe Joseph’s time at Minnesota is about over.
The junior guard missed a recent practice and met with team officials Monday about his future. He plans to transfer, the Minnespolis Star-Triubune reported Monday. He won’t play Tuesday against Indiana.
“Devoe wasn’t at practice for the last couple of days but that’s the only issues that we’ve had so far,” coach Tubby Smith told the paper said. “He’s working on some things he’s got to work on … some of everything. … It could be [longterm].”
Joseph is the Gophers’ fourth-leading scorer (11.3 ppg), but missed the first six games of the season for violating team rules. The former Canadian prep player of the year earned all-Big Ten tournament honors last season after helping Minnesota to the title game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)