Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Devoe Joseph’s time at Minnesota is about over.
The junior guard missed a recent practice and met with team officials Monday about his future. He plans to transfer, the Minnespolis Star-Triubune reported Monday. He won’t play Tuesday against Indiana.
“Devoe wasn’t at practice for the last couple of days but that’s the only issues that we’ve had so far,” coach Tubby Smith told the paper said. “He’s working on some things he’s got to work on … some of everything. … It could be [longterm].”
Joseph is the Gophers’ fourth-leading scorer (11.3 ppg), but missed the first six games of the season for violating team rules. The former Canadian prep player of the year earned all-Big Ten tournament honors last season after helping Minnesota to the title game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)