Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Devoe Joseph’s time at Minnesota is about over.
The junior guard missed a recent practice and met with team officials Monday about his future. He plans to transfer, the Minnespolis Star-Triubune reported Monday. He won’t play Tuesday against Indiana.
“Devoe wasn’t at practice for the last couple of days but that’s the only issues that we’ve had so far,” coach Tubby Smith told the paper said. “He’s working on some things he’s got to work on … some of everything. … It could be [longterm].”
Joseph is the Gophers’ fourth-leading scorer (11.3 ppg), but missed the first six games of the season for violating team rules. The former Canadian prep player of the year earned all-Big Ten tournament honors last season after helping Minnesota to the title game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)