Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Devoe Joseph’s time at Minnesota is about over.
The junior guard missed a recent practice and met with team officials Monday about his future. He plans to transfer, the Minnespolis Star-Triubune reported Monday. He won’t play Tuesday against Indiana.
“Devoe wasn’t at practice for the last couple of days but that’s the only issues that we’ve had so far,” coach Tubby Smith told the paper said. “He’s working on some things he’s got to work on … some of everything. … It could be [longterm].”
Joseph is the Gophers’ fourth-leading scorer (11.3 ppg), but missed the first six games of the season for violating team rules. The former Canadian prep player of the year earned all-Big Ten tournament honors last season after helping Minnesota to the title game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)