Jan 3, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Devoe Joseph’s time at Minnesota is about over.
The junior guard missed a recent practice and met with team officials Monday about his future. He plans to transfer, the Minnespolis Star-Triubune reported Monday. He won’t play Tuesday against Indiana.
“Devoe wasn’t at practice for the last couple of days but that’s the only issues that we’ve had so far,” coach Tubby Smith told the paper said. “He’s working on some things he’s got to work on … some of everything. … It could be [longterm].”
Joseph is the Gophers’ fourth-leading scorer (11.3 ppg), but missed the first six games of the season for violating team rules. The former Canadian prep player of the year earned all-Big Ten tournament honors last season after helping Minnesota to the title game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)