Jan 11, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Louisville’s been just fine without Jared Swopshire this season. Good thing, too. He’s officially done for 2010-11.
”He’s definitely out for the season,” coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday. ”It’s just a question now — what they’re going to determine is whether he needs surgery or not. In all likelihood he’ll need surgery because he’s not getting any better.”
When the 6-8, 215-pound junior injured his groin abductor this summer, he was originally targeted to be healthy in time for the season opener. But that slowly morphed into a mid-December return, then mid-January.
And now, nada. No word if he’ll redshirt.
As for the Cardinals, they’ll miss the combo forward, whose game is ideal for their up-tempo style. But they’re 13-2 and headed for a Top 6 finish in the Big East. I’d say they can handle his absence.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)