Jan 11, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Louisville’s been just fine without Jared Swopshire this season. Good thing, too. He’s officially done for 2010-11.
”He’s definitely out for the season,” coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday. ”It’s just a question now — what they’re going to determine is whether he needs surgery or not. In all likelihood he’ll need surgery because he’s not getting any better.”
When the 6-8, 215-pound junior injured his groin abductor this summer, he was originally targeted to be healthy in time for the season opener. But that slowly morphed into a mid-December return, then mid-January.
And now, nada. No word if he’ll redshirt.
As for the Cardinals, they’ll miss the combo forward, whose game is ideal for their up-tempo style. But they’re 13-2 and headed for a Top 6 finish in the Big East. I’d say they can handle his absence.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)