Jan 11, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Louisville’s been just fine without Jared Swopshire this season. Good thing, too. He’s officially done for 2010-11.
”He’s definitely out for the season,” coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday. ”It’s just a question now — what they’re going to determine is whether he needs surgery or not. In all likelihood he’ll need surgery because he’s not getting any better.”
When the 6-8, 215-pound junior injured his groin abductor this summer, he was originally targeted to be healthy in time for the season opener. But that slowly morphed into a mid-December return, then mid-January.
And now, nada. No word if he’ll redshirt.
As for the Cardinals, they’ll miss the combo forward, whose game is ideal for their up-tempo style. But they’re 13-2 and headed for a Top 6 finish in the Big East. I’d say they can handle his absence.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)