Jan 11, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Louisville’s been just fine without Jared Swopshire this season. Good thing, too. He’s officially done for 2010-11.
”He’s definitely out for the season,” coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday. ”It’s just a question now — what they’re going to determine is whether he needs surgery or not. In all likelihood he’ll need surgery because he’s not getting any better.”
When the 6-8, 215-pound junior injured his groin abductor this summer, he was originally targeted to be healthy in time for the season opener. But that slowly morphed into a mid-December return, then mid-January.
And now, nada. No word if he’ll redshirt.
As for the Cardinals, they’ll miss the combo forward, whose game is ideal for their up-tempo style. But they’re 13-2 and headed for a Top 6 finish in the Big East. I’d say they can handle his absence.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @BeyndArcMMiller.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)