Jan 14, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Here’s one for endless debate/arguing: Where’s the ideal place to coach college basketball? Include everything – tradition, facilities, pay, fan base, you name it.
Where would it be?
That’s how Ken Davis’ latest reader mailbag opens. And while he answers Kansas (full disclosure: he and I are both KU grads), I’m not sure there’s a right answer.
Few places can match the Jayhawks in overall basketball, but some days I’m not sure I’d want to live in Lawrence. The town’s great, but the summers are too warm for my taste and the winters can be brutally cold.
UCLA, then? Can’t beat that weather, tradition – but not sure L.A.’s the place for college hoops. UNC? Kentucky? Endless answers.
Is there a right one? What about you?
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)