Jan 14, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Here’s one for endless debate/arguing: Where’s the ideal place to coach college basketball? Include everything – tradition, facilities, pay, fan base, you name it.
Where would it be?
That’s how Ken Davis’ latest reader mailbag opens. And while he answers Kansas (full disclosure: he and I are both KU grads), I’m not sure there’s a right answer.
Few places can match the Jayhawks in overall basketball, but some days I’m not sure I’d want to live in Lawrence. The town’s great, but the summers are too warm for my taste and the winters can be brutally cold.
UCLA, then? Can’t beat that weather, tradition – but not sure L.A.’s the place for college hoops. UNC? Kentucky? Endless answers.
Is there a right one? What about you?
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)