Jan 14, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Here’s one for endless debate/arguing: Where’s the ideal place to coach college basketball? Include everything – tradition, facilities, pay, fan base, you name it.
Where would it be?
That’s how Ken Davis’ latest reader mailbag opens. And while he answers Kansas (full disclosure: he and I are both KU grads), I’m not sure there’s a right answer.
Few places can match the Jayhawks in overall basketball, but some days I’m not sure I’d want to live in Lawrence. The town’s great, but the summers are too warm for my taste and the winters can be brutally cold.
UCLA, then? Can’t beat that weather, tradition – but not sure L.A.’s the place for college hoops. UNC? Kentucky? Endless answers.
Is there a right one? What about you?
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)