Jan 14, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Here’s one for endless debate/arguing: Where’s the ideal place to coach college basketball? Include everything – tradition, facilities, pay, fan base, you name it.
Where would it be?
That’s how Ken Davis’ latest reader mailbag opens. And while he answers Kansas (full disclosure: he and I are both KU grads), I’m not sure there’s a right answer.
Few places can match the Jayhawks in overall basketball, but some days I’m not sure I’d want to live in Lawrence. The town’s great, but the summers are too warm for my taste and the winters can be brutally cold.
UCLA, then? Can’t beat that weather, tradition – but not sure L.A.’s the place for college hoops. UNC? Kentucky? Endless answers.
Is there a right one? What about you?
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)