Jan 14, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
Here’s one for endless debate/arguing: Where’s the ideal place to coach college basketball? Include everything – tradition, facilities, pay, fan base, you name it.
Where would it be?
That’s how Ken Davis’ latest reader mailbag opens. And while he answers Kansas (full disclosure: he and I are both KU grads), I’m not sure there’s a right answer.
Few places can match the Jayhawks in overall basketball, but some days I’m not sure I’d want to live in Lawrence. The town’s great, but the summers are too warm for my taste and the winters can be brutally cold.
UCLA, then? Can’t beat that weather, tradition – but not sure L.A.’s the place for college hoops. UNC? Kentucky? Endless answers.
Is there a right one? What about you?
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)