Jan 16, 2011, 8:42 PM EDT
Apparently there’s more friction in Champaign. Luckily for Illinois, it doesn’t involve Demetri McCamey.
Freshman Jereme Richmond didn’t play in Saturday’s loss to Wisconsin because he missed practice time and had a basic lack of preparation, according to a story in the St. Louis Dispatch. Big Ten Network analyst Jim Jackson tweeted he has sources who said Richmond wanted to transfer, but he later back off that claim.
Weber says Richmond “hopefully” will play Tuesday against Michigan State. The players aren’t talking, either.
Asked if he was surprised that Richmond didn’t play, forward Bill Cole offered an abrupt, “No.” Said forward Tyler Griffey, “I’m not going to comment on the Jereme situation, sorry.”
The only one who’s talking? McCamey. And he’s backing the coach. (Lesson learned from last year.)
“He’s part of the team and coach Weber played the best people, so nobody talked about Jereme and everyone was just trying to win a ballgame,” McCamey told the paper. “Everybody has a chance to play the next game. That’s up to coach Weber.”
Richmond is averaging 7.5 points and 4.5 rebounds a game.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)