Jan 19, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Wake Forest’s season just went from awful to wretched. Next up? Horrific.
But let’s get to the awfulness, shall we?
- Wake’s lost its four ACC games by average of 26 points
- It made just 14 of 54 shots (26 percent) and nine of 26 from the free-throw line
- Wake committed a turnover on one of every four possessions
- It was Wake’s lowest-scoring game since 1959
Worst of all? Georgia Tech didn’t score in the final 5:27. The bench was in, but it hardly mattered. Instead of a 42-point loss, it was 35.
Actually, there is one thing that’s worse. Duke’s up next.
Good luck, Wake.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings