Feb 8, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The first rule of college basketball is: You don’t rip The Jimmer. The second rule of college basketball is: You DO NOT rip The Jimmer.
And you certainly don’t do it in the BYU student paper. May as well rip Joseph Smith while you’re at it.
Michelle Peralta has had it with the adulation afforded her fellow BYU student this season and let her displeasure be known with a letter published Monday. It was short, sweet and to the point.
But that wasn’t enough for Michelle, who also let her Facebook friends know about her irritation.
Big mistake. It quickly caught fire in various Internet circles, then went viral a few hours ago when someone had the presence of mind to copy the comments section of her Facebook post and put ‘em on the web. All 678 (approximately) of ‘em.
I would’ve had this up a while ago, but I was too busy reading all the comments. It’s a treasure trove of comedy. Here’s a sampling.
Next time Michelle, follow the rules. And remember, everything’s on the web. Everything.
UPDATE: Hard to believe, but it got better. The Internet is awesome.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)