Feb 8, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The first rule of college basketball is: You don’t rip The Jimmer. The second rule of college basketball is: You DO NOT rip The Jimmer.
And you certainly don’t do it in the BYU student paper. May as well rip Joseph Smith while you’re at it.
Michelle Peralta has had it with the adulation afforded her fellow BYU student this season and let her displeasure be known with a letter published Monday. It was short, sweet and to the point.
But that wasn’t enough for Michelle, who also let her Facebook friends know about her irritation.
Big mistake. It quickly caught fire in various Internet circles, then went viral a few hours ago when someone had the presence of mind to copy the comments section of her Facebook post and put ‘em on the web. All 678 (approximately) of ‘em.
I would’ve had this up a while ago, but I was too busy reading all the comments. It’s a treasure trove of comedy. Here’s a sampling.
Next time Michelle, follow the rules. And remember, everything’s on the web. Everything.
UPDATE: Hard to believe, but it got better. The Internet is awesome.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)