Feb 8, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The first rule of college basketball is: You don’t rip The Jimmer. The second rule of college basketball is: You DO NOT rip The Jimmer.
And you certainly don’t do it in the BYU student paper. May as well rip Joseph Smith while you’re at it.
Michelle Peralta has had it with the adulation afforded her fellow BYU student this season and let her displeasure be known with a letter published Monday. It was short, sweet and to the point.
But that wasn’t enough for Michelle, who also let her Facebook friends know about her irritation.
Big mistake. It quickly caught fire in various Internet circles, then went viral a few hours ago when someone had the presence of mind to copy the comments section of her Facebook post and put ‘em on the web. All 678 (approximately) of ‘em.
I would’ve had this up a while ago, but I was too busy reading all the comments. It’s a treasure trove of comedy. Here’s a sampling.
Next time Michelle, follow the rules. And remember, everything’s on the web. Everything.
UPDATE: Hard to believe, but it got better. The Internet is awesome.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)