Feb 28, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Finally. A foot video that has nothing to do with Rex Ryan.
Duke released a video detailing the status of injured freshman Kyrie Irving, who hasn’t played since injuring the tendons in his right big toe on Dec. 4 vs. Butler. It doesn’t say when or if the star guard will return in time for the NCAA tournament, but does paint a promising picture.
In it, he and Duke physical therapist Nick Potter show what Irving’s doing for rehab and how it’s affecting his toe.
“The overall progress is that he’s doing fairly well,” Potter says. “We knew from the beginning it’s a long, gradual process. He’s actually right where we expected him to be, if not maybe a step ahead.”
A return would give Duke a huge boost heading into March. The Devils have been good without Irving – nice work by Nolan Smith there – but his presence would certainly make them the title favorites.
Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski has said for months that he doubts Irving will play again this season. That’s the smart move for Irving’s NBA prospects, given that a rushed return could cause lingering foot problems.
Iriving doesn’t sound worried.
“There is light at the end of the tunnel,” Irving says. “Whether I come back this year or somewhere in the future, I’m going to be playing again.”
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)