Feb 28, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
Ashton Gibbs was more than a little peeved about No. 4 Pitt losing to No. 16 Louisville. And no wonder.
The Panthers (25-4, 13-3) got shoved around a bit, didn’t dominate on the boards and had to settle for several shots out of their comfort zone. Gibbs, who was just 3 of 11 from the floor, took at least three 3-pointers that were well beyond the arc in an effort to find some shooting room.
Now they’ll have to win their last two games to ensure they clinch the Big East title.
So Gibbs, like any competitor, vented about it. On Twitter.
The sentiment? Not a big deal. I’d be mad about losing too.
But the language choice probably wasn’t what Pitt coach Jamie Dixon had in mind because a few hours later Gibbs tweeted a series of apologies.
Big picture, the tweet isn’t a big deal.
What should matter? The Panthers’ second loss in their last three games.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights