Mar 7, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Monday was moving day in college hoops.
Five coaches got pink slips, the most notable being Texas Tech’s Pat Knight. He’s out after just three seasons in Lubbock, though it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Now the school might very well go after Billy Gillispie.
Towson’s Pat Kennedy resigned (I’m sure a nudge or two was involved). In seven years, he never had a winning record and closed out this season 4-26 and 19 straight losses.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi axed Perry Clark, who wrapped up his fourth season with a 10-21 record. He was 54-71 overall and couldn’t match the success of previous coach Ronnie Arrow.
Kennesaw State cited “continuing academic deficiencies of the program” in the firing of coach Tony Ingle. I might believe that given Ingle’s team beat Georgia tech this season.
Kirk Earlywine led Eastern Washington to the Big Sky conference tournament for the first time in five years, but don’t let that fool you. The Eagles were 10-20 this year and 42-78 under Earlywine, whose contract won’t be renewed.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)