Mar 7, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Monday was moving day in college hoops.
Five coaches got pink slips, the most notable being Texas Tech’s Pat Knight. He’s out after just three seasons in Lubbock, though it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Now the school might very well go after Billy Gillispie.
Towson’s Pat Kennedy resigned (I’m sure a nudge or two was involved). In seven years, he never had a winning record and closed out this season 4-26 and 19 straight losses.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi axed Perry Clark, who wrapped up his fourth season with a 10-21 record. He was 54-71 overall and couldn’t match the success of previous coach Ronnie Arrow.
Kennesaw State cited “continuing academic deficiencies of the program” in the firing of coach Tony Ingle. I might believe that given Ingle’s team beat Georgia tech this season.
Kirk Earlywine led Eastern Washington to the Big Sky conference tournament for the first time in five years, but don’t let that fool you. The Eagles were 10-20 this year and 42-78 under Earlywine, whose contract won’t be renewed.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings