Mar 7, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
Monday was moving day in college hoops.
Five coaches got pink slips, the most notable being Texas Tech’s Pat Knight. He’s out after just three seasons in Lubbock, though it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Now the school might very well go after Billy Gillispie.
Towson’s Pat Kennedy resigned (I’m sure a nudge or two was involved). In seven years, he never had a winning record and closed out this season 4-26 and 19 straight losses.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi axed Perry Clark, who wrapped up his fourth season with a 10-21 record. He was 54-71 overall and couldn’t match the success of previous coach Ronnie Arrow.
Kennesaw State cited “continuing academic deficiencies of the program” in the firing of coach Tony Ingle. I might believe that given Ingle’s team beat Georgia tech this season.
Kirk Earlywine led Eastern Washington to the Big Sky conference tournament for the first time in five years, but don’t let that fool you. The Eagles were 10-20 this year and 42-78 under Earlywine, whose contract won’t be renewed.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)