Mar 7, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
Monday was moving day in college hoops.
Five coaches got pink slips, the most notable being Texas Tech’s Pat Knight. He’s out after just three seasons in Lubbock, though it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Now the school might very well go after Billy Gillispie.
Towson’s Pat Kennedy resigned (I’m sure a nudge or two was involved). In seven years, he never had a winning record and closed out this season 4-26 and 19 straight losses.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi axed Perry Clark, who wrapped up his fourth season with a 10-21 record. He was 54-71 overall and couldn’t match the success of previous coach Ronnie Arrow.
Kennesaw State cited “continuing academic deficiencies of the program” in the firing of coach Tony Ingle. I might believe that given Ingle’s team beat Georgia tech this season.
Kirk Earlywine led Eastern Washington to the Big Sky conference tournament for the first time in five years, but don’t let that fool you. The Eagles were 10-20 this year and 42-78 under Earlywine, whose contract won’t be renewed.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)