Mar 14, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
What do Tyus Edney, Chris Webber, Christian Laettner and Gordon Hayward have in common?
Their college basketball moments have been immortalized. In Lego form.
The brilliant people over at Tauntr — love their U.S.-England World Cup highlights – have pulled off another fantastic bit of sports in the Lego world. This time, they’ve done four NCAA tournament moments.
It features ’92 Duke-Kentucky and the full-court pass to Laettner, who sinks the Wildcats for a Final Four berth; Webber’s ill-fated time out in ’93 Michigan-North Carolina; Edney’s full-court dash in the final seconds of ’96 UCLA-Missouri and last season’s desperation heave from Butler’s Hayward during the final seconds of a national title game loss to Duke.
I’m just guessing, but Tauntr can probably expect some email from Kentucky fans. And anyone else anti-Duke.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)