Mar 17, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
As you spend the rest of today and Friday and work watching NCAA tournament games and checking on the status of your bracket game-by-game, consider this: The Big Dance will cost the US. $192 million in lost worker productivity.
Hope that $5 you used to submit your bracket is worth it.
How is this possible? Consultants Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. estimate that online viewership is likely to reach 8.4 million hours during the three-week tournament. At an average hourly earning of $22.87, that’s quite the chunk of change.
So maybe you should just leave work now. Download a doctor’s note from HootersHookyDay.com and go have some buffalo wings while you watch some hoops.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)