Mar 25, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
That mid-major coach everyone’s eager to hire? He may not be a sure thing.
Richmond’s Chris Mooney just got added to Tennessee’s coaching search. Shaka Smart’s trying to get VCU ready for Florida State, but has to deal with non-stop questions about coaching other teams.
Yet if they do end up at a bigger school, you can see courtesy of Luke Winn’s power rankings that of the 11 coaches hired immediately after a Sweet 16 run, only five did it with their new school.
Food for thought.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)