Mar 25, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
That mid-major coach everyone’s eager to hire? He may not be a sure thing.
Richmond’s Chris Mooney just got added to Tennessee’s coaching search. Shaka Smart’s trying to get VCU ready for Florida State, but has to deal with non-stop questions about coaching other teams.
Yet if they do end up at a bigger school, you can see courtesy of Luke Winn’s power rankings that of the 11 coaches hired immediately after a Sweet 16 run, only five did it with their new school.
Food for thought.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)