Mar 25, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
That mid-major coach everyone’s eager to hire? He may not be a sure thing.
Richmond’s Chris Mooney just got added to Tennessee’s coaching search. Shaka Smart’s trying to get VCU ready for Florida State, but has to deal with non-stop questions about coaching other teams.
Yet if they do end up at a bigger school, you can see courtesy of Luke Winn’s power rankings that of the 11 coaches hired immediately after a Sweet 16 run, only five did it with their new school.
Food for thought.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)