Mar 25, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
That mid-major coach everyone’s eager to hire? He may not be a sure thing.
Richmond’s Chris Mooney just got added to Tennessee’s coaching search. Shaka Smart’s trying to get VCU ready for Florida State, but has to deal with non-stop questions about coaching other teams.
Yet if they do end up at a bigger school, you can see courtesy of Luke Winn’s power rankings that of the 11 coaches hired immediately after a Sweet 16 run, only five did it with their new school.
Food for thought.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)