Apr 4, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
The talent gap between Connecticut and Butler isn’t just talk. The Huskies are steeped in 4-star prospects and have two 5-star guys, not to mention half a dozen 3-star prospects.
The Bulldogs? They have one 4-star guy in Matt Howard. The rest are 3-star recruits or lower.
Those numbers – compiled by the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Rick Bozich – should serve as a stark reminder in the differences between the two teams. Yes, recruiting rankings don’t always pan out, but they’re a helpful gauge for raw talent on each roster.
Think about that when the game’s going on tonight. Is the talent going to win out?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte