May 25, 2011, 11:16 PM EST
Kentucky’s produced two straight one-and-done point guards. If star prospect Marquis Teague joins that group of John Wall and Brandon Knight, the Wildcats are still set at point guard for the foreseeable future.
Former N.C. State guard Ryan Harrow told Evan Daniels Wednesday night that he’s transferring to Kentucky and will be eligible for the 2012-13 season.
The reason? All those one-and-done players.
“I just felt like they had everything that I needed as far as me getting better and me reaching my ultimate goals,” Harrow told Daniels of Scout.com.
Knight’s expected to be the fourth-straight lottery pick Kentucky coach John Calipari has coached, including Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans at Memphis. That track record was more than enough for Harrow to choose the ‘Cats over Georgia, Louisville and Texas.
Harrow, rated as a 5-star recruit from the 2010 recruiting class, started 10 games and averaged 9.3 points, 3.3 assists in 23 minutes an outing for N.C. State last season. He’s not a slam-dunk star like the other Calipari guards, but a relatively weak 2012 point guard class could make Harrow seem more appealing than other incoming players.
And hey, Kentucky can always snag another recruit if needed. A little depth at point guard never hurt anyone.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (9)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)