May 25, 2011, 11:16 PM EDT
Kentucky’s produced two straight one-and-done point guards. If star prospect Marquis Teague joins that group of John Wall and Brandon Knight, the Wildcats are still set at point guard for the foreseeable future.
Former N.C. State guard Ryan Harrow told Evan Daniels Wednesday night that he’s transferring to Kentucky and will be eligible for the 2012-13 season.
The reason? All those one-and-done players.
“I just felt like they had everything that I needed as far as me getting better and me reaching my ultimate goals,” Harrow told Daniels of Scout.com.
Knight’s expected to be the fourth-straight lottery pick Kentucky coach John Calipari has coached, including Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans at Memphis. That track record was more than enough for Harrow to choose the ‘Cats over Georgia, Louisville and Texas.
Harrow, rated as a 5-star recruit from the 2010 recruiting class, started 10 games and averaged 9.3 points, 3.3 assists in 23 minutes an outing for N.C. State last season. He’s not a slam-dunk star like the other Calipari guards, but a relatively weak 2012 point guard class could make Harrow seem more appealing than other incoming players.
And hey, Kentucky can always snag another recruit if needed. A little depth at point guard never hurt anyone.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)