Jun 26, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
The nasty weather took its toll throughout the Midwest this spring – including Purdue’s Keady Court.
The basketball floor at Mackey Arena is “un-usuable” associate athletics director Tom Schott told WLFI18. The incessant rain combined with construction around the arena was to blame for the floor warping.
Not to worry. It’ll be replaced this summer, which is just a little ahead of what the school planned.
“A lot of things are going on at Mackey, and a new floor was going to be part of it. We planned to wait a year, because the new tunnel was going to be a part of it, but that’s a minor obstacle we’ll have to overcome. Again timing is everything. The Big Ten has a new logo, so we’ll be able to incorporate the new logo a year earlier than we would have been able to,” Schott told the station.
Schott didn’t know how much a new floor would cost, but the water damage is covered by insurance. Best of all, everything’s on track for tip-off next season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)