Jun 26, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
The nasty weather took its toll throughout the Midwest this spring – including Purdue’s Keady Court.
The basketball floor at Mackey Arena is “un-usuable” associate athletics director Tom Schott told WLFI18. The incessant rain combined with construction around the arena was to blame for the floor warping.
Not to worry. It’ll be replaced this summer, which is just a little ahead of what the school planned.
“A lot of things are going on at Mackey, and a new floor was going to be part of it. We planned to wait a year, because the new tunnel was going to be a part of it, but that’s a minor obstacle we’ll have to overcome. Again timing is everything. The Big Ten has a new logo, so we’ll be able to incorporate the new logo a year earlier than we would have been able to,” Schott told the station.
Schott didn’t know how much a new floor would cost, but the water damage is covered by insurance. Best of all, everything’s on track for tip-off next season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)