Jun 26, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
The nasty weather took its toll throughout the Midwest this spring – including Purdue’s Keady Court.
The basketball floor at Mackey Arena is “un-usuable” associate athletics director Tom Schott told WLFI18. The incessant rain combined with construction around the arena was to blame for the floor warping.
Not to worry. It’ll be replaced this summer, which is just a little ahead of what the school planned.
“A lot of things are going on at Mackey, and a new floor was going to be part of it. We planned to wait a year, because the new tunnel was going to be a part of it, but that’s a minor obstacle we’ll have to overcome. Again timing is everything. The Big Ten has a new logo, so we’ll be able to incorporate the new logo a year earlier than we would have been able to,” Schott told the station.
Schott didn’t know how much a new floor would cost, but the water damage is covered by insurance. Best of all, everything’s on track for tip-off next season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)