Jun 26, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
The nasty weather took its toll throughout the Midwest this spring – including Purdue’s Keady Court.
The basketball floor at Mackey Arena is “un-usuable” associate athletics director Tom Schott told WLFI18. The incessant rain combined with construction around the arena was to blame for the floor warping.
Not to worry. It’ll be replaced this summer, which is just a little ahead of what the school planned.
“A lot of things are going on at Mackey, and a new floor was going to be part of it. We planned to wait a year, because the new tunnel was going to be a part of it, but that’s a minor obstacle we’ll have to overcome. Again timing is everything. The Big Ten has a new logo, so we’ll be able to incorporate the new logo a year earlier than we would have been able to,” Schott told the station.
Schott didn’t know how much a new floor would cost, but the water damage is covered by insurance. Best of all, everything’s on track for tip-off next season.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)