Jul 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
The Thomas Robinson bandwagon might be full when the season rolls around. Some big names are already on board.
Both Jay Bilas and Fran Frachilla think the Kansas forward is primed for a big year now that he’ll be the focal point of KU’s offense with the Morris twins gone. Guys have noticed that the 6-10, 240-pound junior is physical, relentless and has consistently improved each year in Lawrence.
Oh yeah. Count LeBron James in too.
As Gary Bedore writes at the Lawrence Journal-World, Robinson impressed the Miami Heat star during the Skills Academy last week in Akron, Ohio.
“He said himself I was strong, so that was a compliment,” Robinson told the paper. “He was cool, way down-to-earth, even more than I thought. I really respect him.
“He’s tweeted me and told me to keep working. I told him I will. I told him to talk for me. I’m trying to make some noises here. He said he will, so I mean hopefully he will.”
Robinson also got a chance to play against Ohio State center Jared Sullinger (“one of the smartest players I’ve been around”) and incoming Kentucky prospect Anthony Davis (“quick”) and apparently held his own against them as well.
That’s good news for Jayhawks fans. KU lost six of its top players from last year and Robinson’s the guy who’ll have to shoulder the load. Sounds as if he’s up to the challenge.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)