Jul 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
The Thomas Robinson bandwagon might be full when the season rolls around. Some big names are already on board.
Both Jay Bilas and Fran Frachilla think the Kansas forward is primed for a big year now that he’ll be the focal point of KU’s offense with the Morris twins gone. Guys have noticed that the 6-10, 240-pound junior is physical, relentless and has consistently improved each year in Lawrence.
Oh yeah. Count LeBron James in too.
As Gary Bedore writes at the Lawrence Journal-World, Robinson impressed the Miami Heat star during the Skills Academy last week in Akron, Ohio.
“He said himself I was strong, so that was a compliment,” Robinson told the paper. “He was cool, way down-to-earth, even more than I thought. I really respect him.
“He’s tweeted me and told me to keep working. I told him I will. I told him to talk for me. I’m trying to make some noises here. He said he will, so I mean hopefully he will.”
Robinson also got a chance to play against Ohio State center Jared Sullinger (“one of the smartest players I’ve been around”) and incoming Kentucky prospect Anthony Davis (“quick”) and apparently held his own against them as well.
That’s good news for Jayhawks fans. KU lost six of its top players from last year and Robinson’s the guy who’ll have to shoulder the load. Sounds as if he’s up to the challenge.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)