Jul 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
The Thomas Robinson bandwagon might be full when the season rolls around. Some big names are already on board.
Both Jay Bilas and Fran Frachilla think the Kansas forward is primed for a big year now that he’ll be the focal point of KU’s offense with the Morris twins gone. Guys have noticed that the 6-10, 240-pound junior is physical, relentless and has consistently improved each year in Lawrence.
Oh yeah. Count LeBron James in too.
As Gary Bedore writes at the Lawrence Journal-World, Robinson impressed the Miami Heat star during the Skills Academy last week in Akron, Ohio.
“He said himself I was strong, so that was a compliment,” Robinson told the paper. “He was cool, way down-to-earth, even more than I thought. I really respect him.
“He’s tweeted me and told me to keep working. I told him I will. I told him to talk for me. I’m trying to make some noises here. He said he will, so I mean hopefully he will.”
Robinson also got a chance to play against Ohio State center Jared Sullinger (“one of the smartest players I’ve been around”) and incoming Kentucky prospect Anthony Davis (“quick”) and apparently held his own against them as well.
That’s good news for Jayhawks fans. KU lost six of its top players from last year and Robinson’s the guy who’ll have to shoulder the load. Sounds as if he’s up to the challenge.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 3
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 1
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 11
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (11)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)