Jul 18, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
Not every tall person plays hoops. Sure, if a coach sees a 7-footer, they’re usually asked to play basketball. Even if they don’t make an impact, playing basketball usually brings a really tall person some comforts that are hard to come by.
Clothes that fit. Shoes that don’t hurt. Not being gawked at all the time because you’re with other tall people.
But it isn’t until you play big-time college hoops or the NBA when travelling gets easier. That’s when legroom isn’t an impossibility and you’re not always ducking your head. That right there might be enough to motivate Sim Bhullar to work on his game and eventually make the NBA.
I mean, is this any way to fly?
That’s a photo tweeted by Bhullar’s AAU teammate, Anthony Bennett, who captured what it’s like to be 7-4 and 330 pounds and squeezing down the aisle of an airplane. I’m 6-1 and can’t stand it when I’m not in the exit row. Can’t imagine what Bhullar’s going through.
Bhullar, who’s verbally committed to Xavier, is Canadian whose parents hail from India. He told the N.Y. Times that being the first NBA player of Indian decent “would be a blessing.”
You know what else it’d be? More comfy.
(Thanks to Jeff Eisenberg)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)