Jul 18, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
Not every tall person plays hoops. Sure, if a coach sees a 7-footer, they’re usually asked to play basketball. Even if they don’t make an impact, playing basketball usually brings a really tall person some comforts that are hard to come by.
Clothes that fit. Shoes that don’t hurt. Not being gawked at all the time because you’re with other tall people.
But it isn’t until you play big-time college hoops or the NBA when travelling gets easier. That’s when legroom isn’t an impossibility and you’re not always ducking your head. That right there might be enough to motivate Sim Bhullar to work on his game and eventually make the NBA.
I mean, is this any way to fly?
That’s a photo tweeted by Bhullar’s AAU teammate, Anthony Bennett, who captured what it’s like to be 7-4 and 330 pounds and squeezing down the aisle of an airplane. I’m 6-1 and can’t stand it when I’m not in the exit row. Can’t imagine what Bhullar’s going through.
Bhullar, who’s verbally committed to Xavier, is Canadian whose parents hail from India. He told the N.Y. Times that being the first NBA player of Indian decent “would be a blessing.”
You know what else it’d be? More comfy.
(Thanks to Jeff Eisenberg)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 2
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)