Jul 18, 2011, 6:51 PM EST
Not every tall person plays hoops. Sure, if a coach sees a 7-footer, they’re usually asked to play basketball. Even if they don’t make an impact, playing basketball usually brings a really tall person some comforts that are hard to come by.
Clothes that fit. Shoes that don’t hurt. Not being gawked at all the time because you’re with other tall people.
But it isn’t until you play big-time college hoops or the NBA when travelling gets easier. That’s when legroom isn’t an impossibility and you’re not always ducking your head. That right there might be enough to motivate Sim Bhullar to work on his game and eventually make the NBA.
I mean, is this any way to fly?
That’s a photo tweeted by Bhullar’s AAU teammate, Anthony Bennett, who captured what it’s like to be 7-4 and 330 pounds and squeezing down the aisle of an airplane. I’m 6-1 and can’t stand it when I’m not in the exit row. Can’t imagine what Bhullar’s going through.
Bhullar, who’s verbally committed to Xavier, is Canadian whose parents hail from India. He told the N.Y. Times that being the first NBA player of Indian decent “would be a blessing.”
You know what else it’d be? More comfy.
(Thanks to Jeff Eisenberg)
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)