Aug 24, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Yes, this is Villanova coach Jay Wright dancing to Katy Perry’s “Firework.” In a flash mob. With university president Father Donahue.
It has to be seen to be believed.
Is it cool? Maybe not. But there’s a certain delightful glee to it. Not that it sat well with at least ‘Nova student. From Deadspin:
“Unfortunately, I witnessed this at my school today. There is way too much material here not to make fun of a school I was once proud to say I go to. And yes, that is Jay Wright and our university president at the end of the video. I don’t know what is more embarrassing, this or the our epic fail at the end of last year for basketball.”
Hm. Is that why Isaiah Armwood transferred to George Washington?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut