Aug 24, 2011, 11:43 PM EST
Yes, this is Villanova coach Jay Wright dancing to Katy Perry’s “Firework.” In a flash mob. With university president Father Donahue.
It has to be seen to be believed.
Is it cool? Maybe not. But there’s a certain delightful glee to it. Not that it sat well with at least ‘Nova student. From Deadspin:
“Unfortunately, I witnessed this at my school today. There is way too much material here not to make fun of a school I was once proud to say I go to. And yes, that is Jay Wright and our university president at the end of the video. I don’t know what is more embarrassing, this or the our epic fail at the end of last year for basketball.”
Hm. Is that why Isaiah Armwood transferred to George Washington?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)