Aug 31, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
When October 15 rolls around, you’ll be able to find 10 top basketball recruits in one place. Yep, Lexington, Ky.
This year’s Big Blue Madness will reportedly have Shabazz Muhammad, DaJuan Coleman, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, T.J. Warren, Willie Cauley, Chris Walker, Dakari Johnson and twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison in attendance. Kentucky Sports Radio has been taking notes.
For those who aren’t glued to Scout.com’s rankings, those players are ranking No. 1 , 11, 13, 16, 22 and 28 in the class of 2012, and No. 4, 6 and 7 in the class of 2013 and No. 3 (Johnson) in the class of 2014.
Will they all choose Kentucky? Obviously not. But having them in Rupp when John Calipari’s latest squad takes to the floor in front of 22,000 adoring fans sure can’t hurt.
UPDATE: Here’s more on the gathering of talent, with quotes from Scout.com analyst Evan Daniels. If that number holds, it’ll be the largest gathering of recruits Kentucky’s had at its Big Blue Madness. By far.
- Could Kentucky actually replace Rupp Arena?
- Calipari’s new contract good for him and Kentucky
- Shabazz Muhammad says he’ll visit Lexington first
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0