Sep 15, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
John Calipari hardly needs recruiting help, but LeBron James is giving it to him anyway.
The Miami Heat star spend Tuesday hooping in Lexington, tweeting about his game with the current Kentucky squad, Rajon Rondo, Eric Bledsoe and DeMarcus Cousins. As if that wasn’t enough, he threw in a #BigBlueNation hastag.
LeBron never went to Kentucky, but he’s become friends with coach Calipari, making King James a perfect recruiter for the ‘Cats. What budding pro doesn’t want to be LeBron?
He didn’t bail right away, either. As the Louisville Courier-Journal noted, he toured the town with former high school teammate and current Wildcats graduate manager Brandon Weems. “UK is all over this city!” he tweeted Wednesday. “Of course it is. It’s only right.”
He closed with that photo of UK memorabilia and thanked Big Blue Nation for its hospitality. He did not cruise around in a limo, though.
- Olympic adventure over, Calipari back on recruiting trail
- Midnight Madness at Kentucky apparently the place to be
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0