Oct 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Oregon’s student section now has its own Nike shoe. How it took this long, I have no idea.
The school announced Wednesday that the Limited Edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3 will be introduced at Midnight Madness Oct. 14, the first one at Matthew Knight Arena. Ten pairs will be given away as raffle prizes for fans. Here’s another view for the curious.
Sure, everyone in the Pit Crew – Oregon’s student section – won’t be wearing them, but give it time. Nike gives the Ducks an apparel edge other schools can’t conceive. That’s just the way Phil Knight wants it.
And the team? Hey, Dana Altman’s guys may actually make a run at the Pac-12 title, too. They welcome a solid transfer in Olu Ashaolu, have a highly touted freshman in Jabari Brown and a solid returning player in E.J. Singler. Center Tony Woods may even pan out as a big-time player.
And hey, if they don’t gel as a team, I’m sure they’ll look spiffy.
(thanks to Diamond Leung)
- Tony Woods gets second chance, Oregon gets some size
- Another year, another Oregon puzzle for Altman to solve
- Oregon’s bold statement also a fab homecourt edge
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)