Oct 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Oregon’s student section now has its own Nike shoe. How it took this long, I have no idea.
The school announced Wednesday that the Limited Edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3 will be introduced at Midnight Madness Oct. 14, the first one at Matthew Knight Arena. Ten pairs will be given away as raffle prizes for fans. Here’s another view for the curious.
Sure, everyone in the Pit Crew – Oregon’s student section – won’t be wearing them, but give it time. Nike gives the Ducks an apparel edge other schools can’t conceive. That’s just the way Phil Knight wants it.
And the team? Hey, Dana Altman’s guys may actually make a run at the Pac-12 title, too. They welcome a solid transfer in Olu Ashaolu, have a highly touted freshman in Jabari Brown and a solid returning player in E.J. Singler. Center Tony Woods may even pan out as a big-time player.
And hey, if they don’t gel as a team, I’m sure they’ll look spiffy.
(thanks to Diamond Leung)
- Tony Woods gets second chance, Oregon gets some size
- Another year, another Oregon puzzle for Altman to solve
- Oregon’s bold statement also a fab homecourt edge
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)