Oct 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Oregon’s student section now has its own Nike shoe. How it took this long, I have no idea.
The school announced Wednesday that the Limited Edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3 will be introduced at Midnight Madness Oct. 14, the first one at Matthew Knight Arena. Ten pairs will be given away as raffle prizes for fans. Here’s another view for the curious.
Sure, everyone in the Pit Crew – Oregon’s student section – won’t be wearing them, but give it time. Nike gives the Ducks an apparel edge other schools can’t conceive. That’s just the way Phil Knight wants it.
And the team? Hey, Dana Altman’s guys may actually make a run at the Pac-12 title, too. They welcome a solid transfer in Olu Ashaolu, have a highly touted freshman in Jabari Brown and a solid returning player in E.J. Singler. Center Tony Woods may even pan out as a big-time player.
And hey, if they don’t gel as a team, I’m sure they’ll look spiffy.
(thanks to Diamond Leung)
- Tony Woods gets second chance, Oregon gets some size
- Another year, another Oregon puzzle for Altman to solve
- Oregon’s bold statement also a fab homecourt edge
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)