Oct 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
Oregon’s student section now has its own Nike shoe. How it took this long, I have no idea.
The school announced Wednesday that the Limited Edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3 will be introduced at Midnight Madness Oct. 14, the first one at Matthew Knight Arena. Ten pairs will be given away as raffle prizes for fans. Here’s another view for the curious.
Sure, everyone in the Pit Crew – Oregon’s student section – won’t be wearing them, but give it time. Nike gives the Ducks an apparel edge other schools can’t conceive. That’s just the way Phil Knight wants it.
And the team? Hey, Dana Altman’s guys may actually make a run at the Pac-12 title, too. They welcome a solid transfer in Olu Ashaolu, have a highly touted freshman in Jabari Brown and a solid returning player in E.J. Singler. Center Tony Woods may even pan out as a big-time player.
And hey, if they don’t gel as a team, I’m sure they’ll look spiffy.
(thanks to Diamond Leung)
- Tony Woods gets second chance, Oregon gets some size
- Another year, another Oregon puzzle for Altman to solve
- Oregon’s bold statement also a fab homecourt edge
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)