Oct 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Oregon’s student section now has its own Nike shoe. How it took this long, I have no idea.
The school announced Wednesday that the Limited Edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3 will be introduced at Midnight Madness Oct. 14, the first one at Matthew Knight Arena. Ten pairs will be given away as raffle prizes for fans. Here’s another view for the curious.
Sure, everyone in the Pit Crew – Oregon’s student section – won’t be wearing them, but give it time. Nike gives the Ducks an apparel edge other schools can’t conceive. That’s just the way Phil Knight wants it.
And the team? Hey, Dana Altman’s guys may actually make a run at the Pac-12 title, too. They welcome a solid transfer in Olu Ashaolu, have a highly touted freshman in Jabari Brown and a solid returning player in E.J. Singler. Center Tony Woods may even pan out as a big-time player.
And hey, if they don’t gel as a team, I’m sure they’ll look spiffy.
(thanks to Diamond Leung)
- Tony Woods gets second chance, Oregon gets some size
- Another year, another Oregon puzzle for Altman to solve
- Oregon’s bold statement also a fab homecourt edge
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)