Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Falcons’s men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball teams will all play in those fancy new digs, which seats up to 4,700 for athletic events. As you might guess, the school’s awfully proud of it. Also seems they’re awfully proud of the rap video they produced to celebrate its opening.
I would be too. The rhyme, which features sophomore Mikey “Rosco” Blair and senior gospel singer Rachel Willingham is a gem of production value, fantastic lyrics and a few catchy hooks.
As of Saturday morning, it’d been viewed 35,000 times on YouTube, which’ll only increase as it garners more and more attention. There’s more background info to be found here (including the writer’s name, Rob Seifert) ad how delighted the parties involved were to participate. Rightfully so. It’s good stuff.
My favorite bit? This one:
“His name is Schmidhorst. 83 percent consonants. If you disrespect, you have to deal with the consequences. So he can’t dunk, no, he won’t hit that 3, but he melt your face with his philanthropy. … He’s bringing mad cash flow. Straight Frontin’ for Stroh. And now he’s busting out rhymes like he’s shelling out dough.”
The men’s hoops team opens its time at the Stroh Center against Howard on Nov. 11. If they’re smart, they’ll get Blair to rap the player intros.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)