Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Falcons’s men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball teams will all play in those fancy new digs, which seats up to 4,700 for athletic events. As you might guess, the school’s awfully proud of it. Also seems they’re awfully proud of the rap video they produced to celebrate its opening.
I would be too. The rhyme, which features sophomore Mikey “Rosco” Blair and senior gospel singer Rachel Willingham is a gem of production value, fantastic lyrics and a few catchy hooks.
As of Saturday morning, it’d been viewed 35,000 times on YouTube, which’ll only increase as it garners more and more attention. There’s more background info to be found here (including the writer’s name, Rob Seifert) ad how delighted the parties involved were to participate. Rightfully so. It’s good stuff.
My favorite bit? This one:
“His name is Schmidhorst. 83 percent consonants. If you disrespect, you have to deal with the consequences. So he can’t dunk, no, he won’t hit that 3, but he melt your face with his philanthropy. … He’s bringing mad cash flow. Straight Frontin’ for Stroh. And now he’s busting out rhymes like he’s shelling out dough.”
The men’s hoops team opens its time at the Stroh Center against Howard on Nov. 11. If they’re smart, they’ll get Blair to rap the player intros.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)