Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Falcons’s men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball teams will all play in those fancy new digs, which seats up to 4,700 for athletic events. As you might guess, the school’s awfully proud of it. Also seems they’re awfully proud of the rap video they produced to celebrate its opening.
I would be too. The rhyme, which features sophomore Mikey “Rosco” Blair and senior gospel singer Rachel Willingham is a gem of production value, fantastic lyrics and a few catchy hooks.
As of Saturday morning, it’d been viewed 35,000 times on YouTube, which’ll only increase as it garners more and more attention. There’s more background info to be found here (including the writer’s name, Rob Seifert) ad how delighted the parties involved were to participate. Rightfully so. It’s good stuff.
My favorite bit? This one:
“His name is Schmidhorst. 83 percent consonants. If you disrespect, you have to deal with the consequences. So he can’t dunk, no, he won’t hit that 3, but he melt your face with his philanthropy. … He’s bringing mad cash flow. Straight Frontin’ for Stroh. And now he’s busting out rhymes like he’s shelling out dough.”
The men’s hoops team opens its time at the Stroh Center against Howard on Nov. 11. If they’re smart, they’ll get Blair to rap the player intros.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)