Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Falcons’s men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball teams will all play in those fancy new digs, which seats up to 4,700 for athletic events. As you might guess, the school’s awfully proud of it. Also seems they’re awfully proud of the rap video they produced to celebrate its opening.
I would be too. The rhyme, which features sophomore Mikey “Rosco” Blair and senior gospel singer Rachel Willingham is a gem of production value, fantastic lyrics and a few catchy hooks.
As of Saturday morning, it’d been viewed 35,000 times on YouTube, which’ll only increase as it garners more and more attention. There’s more background info to be found here (including the writer’s name, Rob Seifert) ad how delighted the parties involved were to participate. Rightfully so. It’s good stuff.
My favorite bit? This one:
“His name is Schmidhorst. 83 percent consonants. If you disrespect, you have to deal with the consequences. So he can’t dunk, no, he won’t hit that 3, but he melt your face with his philanthropy. … He’s bringing mad cash flow. Straight Frontin’ for Stroh. And now he’s busting out rhymes like he’s shelling out dough.”
The men’s hoops team opens its time at the Stroh Center against Howard on Nov. 11. If they’re smart, they’ll get Blair to rap the player intros.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Team 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 0
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)