Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Falcons’s men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball teams will all play in those fancy new digs, which seats up to 4,700 for athletic events. As you might guess, the school’s awfully proud of it. Also seems they’re awfully proud of the rap video they produced to celebrate its opening.
I would be too. The rhyme, which features sophomore Mikey “Rosco” Blair and senior gospel singer Rachel Willingham is a gem of production value, fantastic lyrics and a few catchy hooks.
As of Saturday morning, it’d been viewed 35,000 times on YouTube, which’ll only increase as it garners more and more attention. There’s more background info to be found here (including the writer’s name, Rob Seifert) ad how delighted the parties involved were to participate. Rightfully so. It’s good stuff.
My favorite bit? This one:
“His name is Schmidhorst. 83 percent consonants. If you disrespect, you have to deal with the consequences. So he can’t dunk, no, he won’t hit that 3, but he melt your face with his philanthropy. … He’s bringing mad cash flow. Straight Frontin’ for Stroh. And now he’s busting out rhymes like he’s shelling out dough.”
The men’s hoops team opens its time at the Stroh Center against Howard on Nov. 11. If they’re smart, they’ll get Blair to rap the player intros.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)