Oct 24, 2011, 1:34 AM EDT
Kentucky fans have dreamed of this day for almost 20 years. Booing Christian Laettner will be a delight.
Even better? It’s all for charity.
Duke’s legendary forward – who forever earned BBN enmity by stomping on a Wildcat and hitting the game-winning shot in perhaps the best college basketball game ever played – will be coaching the team of “villains” in Monday night’s Big Blue All-Stars vs. The Villains exhibition in Lexington.
It’s a benefit for the V Foundation for Cancer Research, though any Kentucky fan will tell you the benefit is actually a little catharsis. How often does one get to do this?
It’s an organizer’s dream too.
Laettner did his part earlier this month when he filmed a promo spot that stoked all those old hate flames, all in the name of healthy promotion.
So who’s he coaching? The final rosters were announced a few weeks ago. None of the other villains can match Laettner’s juice. Ex-Louisville star Terrence Williams and former Gator Corey Brewer probably did the most damage in terms of beating Kentucky teams, though I’m guessing Tyler Hansbrough earns the most boos among players.
Sorry, no TV, but the game’s on WVLK-FM 101.5. Maybe you can boo the radio once or twice.
- Marquis Teague wants this pressure of Kentucky’s point
- Kentucky’s No. 2 in our preseason Top 25
- Pitino-Calipari sniping isn’t stopping anytime soon
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte