Nov 16, 2011, 5:49 PM EST
Apologies for the slate arriving so late today. And in the interest of saving time, I’ll avoid a lame excuse and just get to the games. Sound good?
(All times ET; TV info courtesy of HDSportsGuide.com)
Long Beach State at Pitt, 9 p.m. ( ESPNU)
So begins a stretch of hoops that could leave the 49ers gasping for air. San Diego State, Louisville, Kansas, North Carolina and Xavier will also be played before Christmas. Hey, Casper Ware & Co. are probably the class of the Big West, but this is asking a lot of any program. Be interesting to see how it all begins. (And FYI, if you haven’t seen this schedule strength breakdown, what’s wrong with you?)
Indiana at Evansville, 8 p.m (ESPN3)
Cody Zeller’s first week at Indiana was a success. Now he gets to face a team that just knocked off the state’s mid-major darling – on the road. Hoosiers will be tested.
Long Island at Penn State, 7 p.m. (BTBN)
Rough start for the reigning Northeast champs, who are 0-2 after losses to Hofstra and ODU. But this trip to Happy Valley is not only winnable, it should actually be up-tempo and entertaining.
Princeton at N.C. State, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
This is the last game Wolfpack sophomore C.J. Leslie has to sit out. Tigers dropped their opener vs. Wagner. Recipe for the ACC’s first loss?
(Also, Creighton-UAB isn’t on TV. Too bad for those wishing to watch Doug McDermott. Same for Nate Wolters fans wishing to see S. Dakota State and Georgia.)
Marywood at Army, 7 p.m.
Cornell at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Vermont at Dartmouth, 7 p.m.
Mount St. Mary’s at Hartford, 7 p.m.
St. Francis (NY) at Lafayette, 7 p.m.
LIU at Penn St., 7 p.m.
Navy at Siena, 7 p.m.
FAU at American U., 7:30 p.m.
NC Central at Wagner, 7:30 p.m.
Long Beach St. at Pittsburgh, 9 p.m.
Stetson at Florida St., 7 p.m.
Lees-McRae at Gardner-Webb, 7 p.m.
S. Dakota St. at Georgia, 7 p.m.
Princeton at NC State, 7 p.m.
Howard at Old Dominion, 7 p.m.
Jacksonville at Savannah St., 7 p.m.
Florida Southern at South Florida, 7 p.m.
Louisiana-Monroe at Tennessee, 7 p.m.
Mars Hill at UNC Asheville, 7 p.m.
Georgia Southern at Wake Forest, 7 p.m.
Clemson at The Citadel, 7:05 p.m.
Cent. Pennsylvania at Radford, 7:30 p.m.
Webber at SC State, 7:30 p.m.
Randolph at Norfolk St., 8 p.m.
Fisk at Tennessee St., 8 p.m.
Creighton at UAB, 8 p.m.
Mobile at South Alabama, 8:05 p.m.
Houston Baptist at Louisiana-Lafayette, 8:30 p.m.
Jackson St. at Wright St., 7 p.m.
Sam Houston St. at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m.
SE Missouri at Bradley, 8 p.m.
Loyola of Chicago at E. Illinois, 8 p.m.
Green Bay at N. Dakota St., 8 p.m.
Colgate at Wisconsin, 8 p.m.
Indiana at Evansville, 8:05 p.m.
Nebraska-Omaha at UMKC, 8:05 p.m.
Oakland at Arkansas, 8 p.m.
Philander Smith at Cent. Arkansas, 8 p.m.
North Texas at Texas Tech, 8 p.m.
Utah at Boise St., 8 p.m.
Grambling St. at Utah Valley, 9:05 p.m.
CS Bakersfield at Cal Poly, 10 p.m.
New Mexico St. at New Mexico, 10 p.m.
Hofstra at Oregon St., 10 p.m.
San Jose St. at San Francisco, 11 p.m.
Dick’s Sporting Goods NIT Season Tipoff
At Stillwater, Okla.
Third Place, 8 or 10:30 p.m.
Championship, 8 or 10:30 p.m..
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)