Nov 17, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
It’s one of those fabulous days where the slate arrives and we’ve already had college hoops on TV thanks to the early season tournaments. So if you missed that glorious Purdue-Iona game, well, sorry about that.
The good news? There are plenty of games left.
(All times ET; TV info from HDSportsGuide.com)
Maryland vs. Alabama, 5 p.m. (ESPN2)
No ACC team has lost this season. This ends tonight. Alabama ‘s defense is already thriving and the offense has actually been better than expected. The Terps should hang for a while, but this margin could hit double-figures.
Arizona at St. John’s, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
So many off-court storylines here, headed by Kevin Parrom’s return to NYC since being shot in September and Steve Lavin’s slow return to full health after prostate cancer surgery. And the game? Well, I’m just hoping it’s entertaining given how spotty the young teams have looked thus far.
VCU at Seton Hall, 5 p.m. (ESPNU)
Is it an upset when Shaka Smart’s involved?
Texas A&M at Miss State, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
The SEC’s future meets up in the 2K Sports Classic. The Aggies has coach Billy Kennedy back on the sideline, but star Khris Middleton is out because of an injury. That should make this one closer than the Aggies would like. Of course, if Renardo Sidney ever decides to play well, the Bulldogs might actually win.
Penn at Rider, 7 p.m.
Maine vs. UConn at the XL Center, Hartford, Conn., 7 p.m.
Loyola (Md.) at UMBC, 7 p.m.
NJIT at UMass, 7 p.m.
Alcorn St. at West Virginia, 7 p.m.
Lyndon St. at Yale, 7 p.m.
Sacred Heart at Rutgers, 7:30 p.m.
Northwestern St. at Alabama St., 7 p.m.
Florida Christian at Bethune-Cookman, 7 p.m.
NC A&T at Campbell, 7 p.m.
Mercer at Furman, 7 p.m.
Asbury at Morehead St., 7 p.m.
Hampton at Richmond, 7 p.m.
UNC Pembroke at UNC Greensboro, 7 p.m.
Prairie View at Florida Gulf Coast, 7:05 p.m.
Coker at East Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
W. Carolina at Presbyterian, 7:30 p.m.
North Florida at Florida, 8 p.m.
Tenn. Temple at Murray St., 8:30 p.m.
Fairfield at Minnesota, 7 p.m.
N. Illinois at Iowa, 8 p.m.
Niagara at Missouri, 8 p.m.
SIU-Edwardsville at Illinois St., 8:05 p.m.
W. Illinois at Michigan, 8:30 p.m.
Lipscomb at Illinois, 9 p.m.
Southern U. at Rice, 8 p.m.
UT-Martin at Arkansas St., 8:05 p.m.
Southern Miss. at Denver, 9 p.m.
Idaho at Montana, 9 p.m.
Montana St.-Billings at S. Utah, 9 p.m.
Pacific at Nevada, 10 p.m.
E. Washington at Oregon, 10 p.m.
Southern Cal at San Diego St., 10 p.m.
Canisius at UNLV, 10 p.m.
Sacramento St. at Washington St., 10:05 p.m.
2K Sports Classic
At New York
Texas A&M vs. Mississippi St., 7 p.m.
St. John’s vs. Arizona, 9 p.m.
DirecTV Charleston Classic
At Charleston, S.C.
Tulsa 65, W. Kentucky 49
LSU vs. Northwestern, 3 p.m.
VCU vs. Seton Hall, 5:30 p.m.
Georgia Tech vs. Saint Joseph’s, 8 p.m.
Puerto Rico Tipoff
At San Juan, Puerto Rico
Temple 69, W. Michigan 55
Purdue 91, Iona 90
Maryland vs. Alabama, 5 p.m.
Wichita St. vs. Colorado, 7:30 p.m.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)