Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The latest development in the sexual-abuse allegations surrounding former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine – who was fired Sunday night – amplifies the situation a notch.
Now federal agents are involved.
The U.S. attorney took the lead the investigation Monday and Syracuse police will turn over their records to them.
This video details why this move was made, what’s next and what it might possibly mean for head coach Jim Boeheim. (More on that here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The only thing I know for certain? This won’t be the last development.
- Firing Boeheim is unthinkable … or is it?
- Statements on Fine’s firing by Syracuse chancellor and Boeheim
- Boeheim defends assistant, says sex-abuse accuser ‘lying’
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)