Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
The latest development in the sexual-abuse allegations surrounding former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine – who was fired Sunday night – amplifies the situation a notch.
Now federal agents are involved.
The U.S. attorney took the lead the investigation Monday and Syracuse police will turn over their records to them.
This video details why this move was made, what’s next and what it might possibly mean for head coach Jim Boeheim. (More on that here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The only thing I know for certain? This won’t be the last development.
- Firing Boeheim is unthinkable … or is it?
- Statements on Fine’s firing by Syracuse chancellor and Boeheim
- Boeheim defends assistant, says sex-abuse accuser ‘lying’
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)