Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The latest development in the sexual-abuse allegations surrounding former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine – who was fired Sunday night – amplifies the situation a notch.
Now federal agents are involved.
The U.S. attorney took the lead the investigation Monday and Syracuse police will turn over their records to them.
This video details why this move was made, what’s next and what it might possibly mean for head coach Jim Boeheim. (More on that here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The only thing I know for certain? This won’t be the last development.
- Firing Boeheim is unthinkable … or is it?
- Statements on Fine’s firing by Syracuse chancellor and Boeheim
- Boeheim defends assistant, says sex-abuse accuser ‘lying’
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)