Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The latest development in the sexual-abuse allegations surrounding former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine – who was fired Sunday night – amplifies the situation a notch.
Now federal agents are involved.
The U.S. attorney took the lead the investigation Monday and Syracuse police will turn over their records to them.
This video details why this move was made, what’s next and what it might possibly mean for head coach Jim Boeheim. (More on that here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The only thing I know for certain? This won’t be the last development.
- Firing Boeheim is unthinkable … or is it?
- Statements on Fine’s firing by Syracuse chancellor and Boeheim
- Boeheim defends assistant, says sex-abuse accuser ‘lying’
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)