Nov 28, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The latest development in the sexual-abuse allegations surrounding former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine – who was fired Sunday night – amplifies the situation a notch.
Now federal agents are involved.
The U.S. attorney took the lead the investigation Monday and Syracuse police will turn over their records to them.
This video details why this move was made, what’s next and what it might possibly mean for head coach Jim Boeheim. (More on that here.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The only thing I know for certain? This won’t be the last development.
- Firing Boeheim is unthinkable … or is it?
- Statements on Fine’s firing by Syracuse chancellor and Boeheim
- Boeheim defends assistant, says sex-abuse accuser ‘lying’
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 4
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)