Dec 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
A fourth man has accused former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine of sexual molestation. He’s also the oldest of the accusers.
Floyd VanHooser, 56, told the AP and the Syracuse Post-Standard that Fine began sexually abusing him in 1969, when VanHooser was 14. That’s before Fine, 65, began his coaching career at Syracuse.
VanHooser gave police details on the alleged abuse last month, before Fine was fired. Also, he gave police those details an interviews to the paper and the AP from prison, where he is serving 16 years to life for several burglaries or Syracuse-area homes.
There are far more details on VanHooser’s background and accusations in the Post-Standard story here. But three things are of interest – the length Fine’s alleged sexual behavior and that VanHooser lived with Fine off and on for nearly 40 years.
And that Fine allegedly pressured VanHooser into performing sexual acts this year for money, reportedly for $300. The paper reports that happened last summer at Fine’s on-campus office.
Fine was fired last month by Syracuse. He has denied all the allegations and has not been charged in the case.
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
- Fine now faces civil suit from one accuser
- Fine won’t face state charges, but feds a different story
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)