Dec 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
A fourth man has accused former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine of sexual molestation. He’s also the oldest of the accusers.
Floyd VanHooser, 56, told the AP and the Syracuse Post-Standard that Fine began sexually abusing him in 1969, when VanHooser was 14. That’s before Fine, 65, began his coaching career at Syracuse.
VanHooser gave police details on the alleged abuse last month, before Fine was fired. Also, he gave police those details an interviews to the paper and the AP from prison, where he is serving 16 years to life for several burglaries or Syracuse-area homes.
There are far more details on VanHooser’s background and accusations in the Post-Standard story here. But three things are of interest – the length Fine’s alleged sexual behavior and that VanHooser lived with Fine off and on for nearly 40 years.
And that Fine allegedly pressured VanHooser into performing sexual acts this year for money, reportedly for $300. The paper reports that happened last summer at Fine’s on-campus office.
Fine was fired last month by Syracuse. He has denied all the allegations and has not been charged in the case.
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
- Fine now faces civil suit from one accuser
- Fine won’t face state charges, but feds a different story
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)