Dec 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
A fourth man has accused former Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine of sexual molestation. He’s also the oldest of the accusers.
Floyd VanHooser, 56, told the AP and the Syracuse Post-Standard that Fine began sexually abusing him in 1969, when VanHooser was 14. That’s before Fine, 65, began his coaching career at Syracuse.
VanHooser gave police details on the alleged abuse last month, before Fine was fired. Also, he gave police those details an interviews to the paper and the AP from prison, where he is serving 16 years to life for several burglaries or Syracuse-area homes.
There are far more details on VanHooser’s background and accusations in the Post-Standard story here. But three things are of interest – the length Fine’s alleged sexual behavior and that VanHooser lived with Fine off and on for nearly 40 years.
And that Fine allegedly pressured VanHooser into performing sexual acts this year for money, reportedly for $300. The paper reports that happened last summer at Fine’s on-campus office.
Fine was fired last month by Syracuse. He has denied all the allegations and has not been charged in the case.
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
- Fine now faces civil suit from one accuser
- Fine won’t face state charges, but feds a different story
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)