Dec 31, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
Maybe head coach Danny Hurley has something special brewing this season on Staten Island.
Wagner, one week removed from a big non-conference road win over Pittsburgh, got a little holiday magic to lift them to their third straight win.
Best part of the video?
Just after the shot falls, the color commentator vehemently denies any possibility of that shot counting. Then when the referee signals that the basket’s good at the 0:28 mark, the guy reacts like he just heard news that someone ate the last of the Christmas cookies.
The shot is reminiscent of this Larry Bird shot, back in 1986.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)