Dec 31, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
Maybe head coach Danny Hurley has something special brewing this season on Staten Island.
Wagner, one week removed from a big non-conference road win over Pittsburgh, got a little holiday magic to lift them to their third straight win.
Best part of the video?
Just after the shot falls, the color commentator vehemently denies any possibility of that shot counting. Then when the referee signals that the basket’s good at the 0:28 mark, the guy reacts like he just heard news that someone ate the last of the Christmas cookies.
The shot is reminiscent of this Larry Bird shot, back in 1986.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires