Jan 31, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
There’s yet another twist in the Bernie Fine case, but this one doesn’t directly relate to Fine. It’s about his wife.
An affidavit by Bobby Davis, one of Fine’s accusers, claims that Laurie Fine had sex with numerous players through the years, according to the New York Daily News. Davis claims to have overheard Laurie Fine and another coach’s wife talk about performing oral sex on players, and the “specific size and physical attributes” of their private parts.
Syracuse fired Bernie Fine, a longtime assistant coach to Jim Boeheim, in November after allegations surfaced about him molesting at least one boy. Davis was the first accuser.
Fine’s lawyer denied the claim. Charges have not been filed against Fine.
“I believe Boeheim deliberately chose to ignore what he knew was improper behavior, or actually knew precisely what was happening and did nothing to intervene,” the paper reported Davis saying in the affidavit.
“It is not only Fine’s relationship with me and other boys that would have tipped Boeheim off. For years, Bernie Fine’s wife Laurie Fine had sexual relationships with basketball team players. Players used to talk openly about it as a known fact.”
The affidavit claims Davis was with Laurie Fine in 1993 when she went to a player’s off-campus house. She and the player reportedly went into the player’s bedroom and he came out later bragging he had sex with the assistant coach’s wife.
The affidavit was filed by Gloria Allred, the attorney representing Davis and another accuser (and Davis’ stepbrother), Michael Lang.
- Fourth accuser in Fine case admits ‘he told a lot of lies’
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)