Jan 31, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
There’s yet another twist in the Bernie Fine case, but this one doesn’t directly relate to Fine. It’s about his wife.
An affidavit by Bobby Davis, one of Fine’s accusers, claims that Laurie Fine had sex with numerous players through the years, according to the New York Daily News. Davis claims to have overheard Laurie Fine and another coach’s wife talk about performing oral sex on players, and the “specific size and physical attributes” of their private parts.
Syracuse fired Bernie Fine, a longtime assistant coach to Jim Boeheim, in November after allegations surfaced about him molesting at least one boy. Davis was the first accuser.
Fine’s lawyer denied the claim. Charges have not been filed against Fine.
“I believe Boeheim deliberately chose to ignore what he knew was improper behavior, or actually knew precisely what was happening and did nothing to intervene,” the paper reported Davis saying in the affidavit.
“It is not only Fine’s relationship with me and other boys that would have tipped Boeheim off. For years, Bernie Fine’s wife Laurie Fine had sexual relationships with basketball team players. Players used to talk openly about it as a known fact.”
The affidavit claims Davis was with Laurie Fine in 1993 when she went to a player’s off-campus house. She and the player reportedly went into the player’s bedroom and he came out later bragging he had sex with the assistant coach’s wife.
The affidavit was filed by Gloria Allred, the attorney representing Davis and another accuser (and Davis’ stepbrother), Michael Lang.
- Fourth accuser in Fine case admits ‘he told a lot of lies’
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)