Jan 31, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
There’s yet another twist in the Bernie Fine case, but this one doesn’t directly relate to Fine. It’s about his wife.
An affidavit by Bobby Davis, one of Fine’s accusers, claims that Laurie Fine had sex with numerous players through the years, according to the New York Daily News. Davis claims to have overheard Laurie Fine and another coach’s wife talk about performing oral sex on players, and the “specific size and physical attributes” of their private parts.
Syracuse fired Bernie Fine, a longtime assistant coach to Jim Boeheim, in November after allegations surfaced about him molesting at least one boy. Davis was the first accuser.
Fine’s lawyer denied the claim. Charges have not been filed against Fine.
“I believe Boeheim deliberately chose to ignore what he knew was improper behavior, or actually knew precisely what was happening and did nothing to intervene,” the paper reported Davis saying in the affidavit.
“It is not only Fine’s relationship with me and other boys that would have tipped Boeheim off. For years, Bernie Fine’s wife Laurie Fine had sexual relationships with basketball team players. Players used to talk openly about it as a known fact.”
The affidavit claims Davis was with Laurie Fine in 1993 when she went to a player’s off-campus house. She and the player reportedly went into the player’s bedroom and he came out later bragging he had sex with the assistant coach’s wife.
The affidavit was filed by Gloria Allred, the attorney representing Davis and another accuser (and Davis’ stepbrother), Michael Lang.
- Fourth accuser in Fine case admits ‘he told a lot of lies’
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)