Jan 31, 2012, 11:56 AM EST
There’s yet another twist in the Bernie Fine case, but this one doesn’t directly relate to Fine. It’s about his wife.
An affidavit by Bobby Davis, one of Fine’s accusers, claims that Laurie Fine had sex with numerous players through the years, according to the New York Daily News. Davis claims to have overheard Laurie Fine and another coach’s wife talk about performing oral sex on players, and the “specific size and physical attributes” of their private parts.
Syracuse fired Bernie Fine, a longtime assistant coach to Jim Boeheim, in November after allegations surfaced about him molesting at least one boy. Davis was the first accuser.
Fine’s lawyer denied the claim. Charges have not been filed against Fine.
“I believe Boeheim deliberately chose to ignore what he knew was improper behavior, or actually knew precisely what was happening and did nothing to intervene,” the paper reported Davis saying in the affidavit.
“It is not only Fine’s relationship with me and other boys that would have tipped Boeheim off. For years, Bernie Fine’s wife Laurie Fine had sexual relationships with basketball team players. Players used to talk openly about it as a known fact.”
The affidavit claims Davis was with Laurie Fine in 1993 when she went to a player’s off-campus house. She and the player reportedly went into the player’s bedroom and he came out later bragging he had sex with the assistant coach’s wife.
The affidavit was filed by Gloria Allred, the attorney representing Davis and another accuser (and Davis’ stepbrother), Michael Lang.
- Fourth accuser in Fine case admits ‘he told a lot of lies’
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)