Jan 31, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
There’s yet another twist in the Bernie Fine case, but this one doesn’t directly relate to Fine. It’s about his wife.
An affidavit by Bobby Davis, one of Fine’s accusers, claims that Laurie Fine had sex with numerous players through the years, according to the New York Daily News. Davis claims to have overheard Laurie Fine and another coach’s wife talk about performing oral sex on players, and the “specific size and physical attributes” of their private parts.
Syracuse fired Bernie Fine, a longtime assistant coach to Jim Boeheim, in November after allegations surfaced about him molesting at least one boy. Davis was the first accuser.
Fine’s lawyer denied the claim. Charges have not been filed against Fine.
“I believe Boeheim deliberately chose to ignore what he knew was improper behavior, or actually knew precisely what was happening and did nothing to intervene,” the paper reported Davis saying in the affidavit.
“It is not only Fine’s relationship with me and other boys that would have tipped Boeheim off. For years, Bernie Fine’s wife Laurie Fine had sexual relationships with basketball team players. Players used to talk openly about it as a known fact.”
The affidavit claims Davis was with Laurie Fine in 1993 when she went to a player’s off-campus house. She and the player reportedly went into the player’s bedroom and he came out later bragging he had sex with the assistant coach’s wife.
The affidavit was filed by Gloria Allred, the attorney representing Davis and another accuser (and Davis’ stepbrother), Michael Lang.
- Fourth accuser in Fine case admits ‘he told a lot of lies’
- Two men suing Boeheim, Syracuse for defamation
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)