Feb 2, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
There are dunks and there are DUNKS. And then there’s what Savalace Townsend did Saturday night.
The Arkansas-Pine Bluff senior pulled off one of the best dunks of the year vs. Grambling State (it took a few days for video to surface) when he drives by his man and rises up and up over Bryant Purvis, a 6-foot-7 wing from Grambling. Then Townsend – a 6-3 guard – finishes off the move with a flourish worthy of any uncontested dunk.
Think of what Blake Griffin did the other day that caused Twitter and talk shows to fawn like school kids. This is what Townsend did.
But hey, watch for yourself.
It’s just … sick. I’m not the only one amazed by Townsend’s jam, either. Troy Machir – a guy who knows his dunks — calls it the dunk of the year. Can’t really disagree.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming