Feb 9, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
If Damian Lillard played in a bigger conference or at a more prominent school, he’d be a superstar by now.
Heck, if he just had a catchy moniker for a first name, that’d work too.
As a result, reminders are often needed as to the junior guard’s talents. So consider this your latest reminder that the nation’s leading scorer probably deserves more attention.
This post by Big Sky Basketball makes the argument that Lillard is the game’s best point guard. That’s a hard statement to dispute.
Superlative aside, this graph breaks everything down in fairly stark terms. (Here’s a link to a larger version.)
Lillard crushes guys like Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Craft, Matthew Dellavedova, Jordan Taylor and Kendall Marshall. (Tu Holloway doesn’t even make the list!) But if that’s not enough, the post does into more detail about everything Lillard does well … which is pretty much everything.
Weber State’s 18-4 and is atop the Big Sky at 10-1. It plays at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Northern Arizona. Turn to FCS Pacific or UniversityHouse (whatever that is) to see him in action.
After all, if tonight’s the night when Lillard starts to become a national sensation, you want to say you say it go down, right?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)