Feb 9, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
If Damian Lillard played in a bigger conference or at a more prominent school, he’d be a superstar by now.
Heck, if he just had a catchy moniker for a first name, that’d work too.
As a result, reminders are often needed as to the junior guard’s talents. So consider this your latest reminder that the nation’s leading scorer probably deserves more attention.
This post by Big Sky Basketball makes the argument that Lillard is the game’s best point guard. That’s a hard statement to dispute.
Superlative aside, this graph breaks everything down in fairly stark terms. (Here’s a link to a larger version.)
Lillard crushes guys like Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Craft, Matthew Dellavedova, Jordan Taylor and Kendall Marshall. (Tu Holloway doesn’t even make the list!) But if that’s not enough, the post does into more detail about everything Lillard does well … which is pretty much everything.
Weber State’s 18-4 and is atop the Big Sky at 10-1. It plays at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Northern Arizona. Turn to FCS Pacific or UniversityHouse (whatever that is) to see him in action.
After all, if tonight’s the night when Lillard starts to become a national sensation, you want to say you say it go down, right?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)