Feb 9, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
If Damian Lillard played in a bigger conference or at a more prominent school, he’d be a superstar by now.
Heck, if he just had a catchy moniker for a first name, that’d work too.
As a result, reminders are often needed as to the junior guard’s talents. So consider this your latest reminder that the nation’s leading scorer probably deserves more attention.
This post by Big Sky Basketball makes the argument that Lillard is the game’s best point guard. That’s a hard statement to dispute.
Superlative aside, this graph breaks everything down in fairly stark terms. (Here’s a link to a larger version.)
Lillard crushes guys like Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Craft, Matthew Dellavedova, Jordan Taylor and Kendall Marshall. (Tu Holloway doesn’t even make the list!) But if that’s not enough, the post does into more detail about everything Lillard does well … which is pretty much everything.
Weber State’s 18-4 and is atop the Big Sky at 10-1. It plays at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Northern Arizona. Turn to FCS Pacific or UniversityHouse (whatever that is) to see him in action.
After all, if tonight’s the night when Lillard starts to become a national sensation, you want to say you say it go down, right?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)