Feb 9, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
If Damian Lillard played in a bigger conference or at a more prominent school, he’d be a superstar by now.
Heck, if he just had a catchy moniker for a first name, that’d work too.
As a result, reminders are often needed as to the junior guard’s talents. So consider this your latest reminder that the nation’s leading scorer probably deserves more attention.
This post by Big Sky Basketball makes the argument that Lillard is the game’s best point guard. That’s a hard statement to dispute.
Superlative aside, this graph breaks everything down in fairly stark terms. (Here’s a link to a larger version.)
Lillard crushes guys like Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Craft, Matthew Dellavedova, Jordan Taylor and Kendall Marshall. (Tu Holloway doesn’t even make the list!) But if that’s not enough, the post does into more detail about everything Lillard does well … which is pretty much everything.
Weber State’s 18-4 and is atop the Big Sky at 10-1. It plays at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Northern Arizona. Turn to FCS Pacific or UniversityHouse (whatever that is) to see him in action.
After all, if tonight’s the night when Lillard starts to become a national sensation, you want to say you say it go down, right?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)