Feb 9, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
If Damian Lillard played in a bigger conference or at a more prominent school, he’d be a superstar by now.
Heck, if he just had a catchy moniker for a first name, that’d work too.
As a result, reminders are often needed as to the junior guard’s talents. So consider this your latest reminder that the nation’s leading scorer probably deserves more attention.
This post by Big Sky Basketball makes the argument that Lillard is the game’s best point guard. That’s a hard statement to dispute.
Superlative aside, this graph breaks everything down in fairly stark terms. (Here’s a link to a larger version.)
Lillard crushes guys like Isaiah Canaan, Aaron Craft, Matthew Dellavedova, Jordan Taylor and Kendall Marshall. (Tu Holloway doesn’t even make the list!) But if that’s not enough, the post does into more detail about everything Lillard does well … which is pretty much everything.
Weber State’s 18-4 and is atop the Big Sky at 10-1. It plays at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight at Northern Arizona. Turn to FCS Pacific or UniversityHouse (whatever that is) to see him in action.
After all, if tonight’s the night when Lillard starts to become a national sensation, you want to say you say it go down, right?
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car